What is 555.in.th?
555.in.th is a browser hijacker that changes your browser settings. Your home page is switched to 555.in.th, whereas your default search engine is replaced with tuvaro.com, search.yahoo.com, localmoxie.com or some other unreliable provider. The program is also very likely to edit your browser shortcuts.
You may have to edit them after you get rid of the hijacker. The main objective of programs as such is to promote various websites and applications. It will not enhance your web browsing in any way. On the contrary, it will interrupt your Internet surfing with sudden redirects as well as various ads and pop-ups. If you do not wish to deal with these unwanted disturbances you should delete 555.in.th.
How does 555.in.th work?
If you are not sure how 555.in.th appeared in your browsers, it means that you do not pay much attention to the installation process of the programs that you download from the Internet. When you install freeware you are usually also offered additional applications that are classified as potentially unwanted. You can avoid these browser hijackers and ad-supported programs if you just go through all information provided during installation and choose Advanced or Custom installation option. That way you will be able to un-check the boxes with additional offers and keep your system infection-free.
Although technically 555.in.th is not a virus or a malicious program, that does not mean it is completely safe either. The commercial content that the program presents you with is not endorsed by it. You can easily be exposed to false information. You could be presented with a fake ad that promotes malware as a software update, video codec or some other useful tool. Do not trust various pop-ups suggesting you download a program or update your browser. You should only complete these tasks via official websites. If you want to avoid these unnecessary risks, you should terminate 555.in.th.
How to remove 555.in.th?
There are two options you can choose from in order to eliminate 555.in.th from your browsers. You can try to remove the program manually, in which case you can make use of the instructions we have prepared and presented in the manual 555.in.th removal guide below. Or you can download a malware removal tool and get rid of 555.in.th automatically. We recommend the second option. Once you download the anti-malware, you will be able to scan your computer and detect the programs that need to be terminated. You will then use it to remove 555.in.th and other unwanted applications from your PC. The security utility will also safeguard your computer from future malicious threats.
Guide on 555.in.th Removal
Step 1: Uninstall 555.in.th and its related application
Windows XP/7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Pick Add or remove programs/Uninstall a program
- Select the application to delete
- Click Remove/Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left
- Right-click and go to Control Panel
- Click on Uninstall a program
- Terminate unwanted application
Step 2: Reset your browsers
- Gear icon → Internet Options → Advanced tab
- Click Reset and mark Delete personal settings
- Click Reset again and then Close
- Menu → Question mark → Troubleshooting Information
- Click the Reset Firefox button
- Confirm your action and click Finish
- Google Chrome menu → Settings → Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset browser settings and then Reset
Step 3: Edit browser shortcuts
- Locate your browser shortcut and right-click on it
- Select Properties and open the Shortcut tab
- Delete all text after “exe” in Target
- Click Apply and OK to save changes.