What is aqovd.com?
The majority of computer experts classify aqovd.com as a browser hijacker. These annoying and dangerous applications are created to increase traffic to promoted pages and to boost their traffic. This software will enter your computer surreptitiously and start unauthorized activities right away. The first thing users usually notice is the changed settings in Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox browsers. We warn you that the presented search tool cannot be trusted, because it will provide you with the promoted links and ads in your search results which can direct you to suspicious pages after you click them. Basically, as long as this intruder stays in your computer, you will not be able to feel safe. In order to change this situation we advise to remove aqovd.com.
What does aqovd.com do?
As we said, the first thing this hijacker does is changes the home page and default search engine in an infected system. The provided search tool will show you the search results filled with links from the affiliate third parties. Consequently, every time you search for something you risk getting routed to a unknown and possibly malicious website. It should be obvious that if you encounter cyber criminals, the chance to get infected with some form of malware (Trojan, virus, worm, etc.) becomes very big. A serious malware infection will be much harder to get rid of than a browser hijacker. Since this software obviously brings you no benefit, do not take such risks with your system and terminate aqovd.com before it causes real harm to your PC.
Another reason to take care of aqovd.com removal as soon as possible is the tracking this intruder starts the minute it enters your computer. This application records your clicks, visited pages, the time you spend in those pages, your recent search queries, operating system type, geographical location, and so on. The gathered data is used to personalize the ads, so that you would be more inclined to click them, however it can also be sold to the unknown third parties. To sum up, for the duration of time this software resides in your PC, anyone can access your information and use it for nefarious purposes. To end this uncontrollable distribution of your data, you need to eliminate aqovd.com at once.
How did aqovd.com entered your PC?
Browser hijackers are usually distributed alongside freeware. If you are one of those users who acquire their free programs from unofficial pages, you should learn to be more attentive during your installation procedures in the future. First of all, always choose either Advanced or Custom option instead of Quick or Typical. Secondly, make sure to read the presented End User License Agreement. In this document, all the additional and potentially unwanted programs are disclosed which means that you will have an opportunity to deselect them. Never lose vigilance and monitor every step of the installation wizard. Another way to ensure your computer’s safety is to download free applications only from the official pages.
How to remove aqovd.com?
The easiest way to get rid of aqovd.com is with a legitimate anti-spyware. An authentic computer security software will not only remove aqovd.com, but also will take care of your system afterwards. However, if you would rather perform aqovd.com removal yourself, you will be happy to know that our researchers prepared detailed instructions which you will find below. Follow them and you should manage to delete aqovd.com. Whichever way you choose, do not delay any longer and erase aqovd.com right now.
- Click on Start.
- Move to Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove aqovd.com.
Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Open Start menu and tap Control Panel.
- Access Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall aqovd.com.
- Right-click on Metro UI menu.
- Choose All apps.
- Access Control Panel.
- Open Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the aqovd.com.
- Select Uninstall to delete aqovd.com.
Terminate aqovd.com from your browsers
Delete aqovd.com from Internet Explorer
- Press Alt+X and pick Manage add-ons.
- Move to Toolbars and Extensions.
- Delete the unwanted application and all related extensions.
- Click Search Providers and erase the undesirable search engine.
- Select a new default search engine and save the changes.
- Close the window and press Alt+X again.
- Under the General tab, open Internet Options and replace current home page address with your desired one.
- Click OK.
Delete aqovd.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously and go to Extensions.
- Locate and remove all suspicious extensions and close the tab.
- Press Alt+T and click Options.
- In the General tab, replace the home page with your preferred one.
- Tap OK and close the menu.
- Click the icon in the search box and pick Manage Search engines.
- Remove the unwanted search engines and select your new default search engine.
- Click OK.
Delete aqovd.com from Google Chrome
- Click Alt+F and go to Tools.
- Move to Extensions and delete the unwanted application by clicking the trash can.
- Choose Settings and choose Open a page or a set of pages.
- Click Set pages and delete the current home page.
- Select a new home page and tap OK.
- Under Search, select Manage search engines and set a new search engine as your default.
- Remove the unwanted search engine and click Done.
- Restart the browser.