What is that Ask Toolbar?
Ask Toolbar is widely known as an extension for Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer browsers. The toolbar which activated on the PC sets its own search provider is used to secretly enter the system together with other applications. On the other hand, if the user is extremely attentive during the installation of the software, he/she may not miss the moment when is asked for the approval of additional toolbar installation. Oppositely, after skipping this step, the user ends up with the supplementary toolbar on the PC. If you are one of those users and you want to remove Ask Toolbar from your computer, rely on the next passages.
How does Ask Toolbar and Ask Search act?
The moment Ask Toolbar is installed on the Windows operating system the user may notice a number of modifications. Firstly, Ask search is chosen as the new startup page and the Ask is set as a search engine. What is more, you are shown a lot of buttons that can reroute you to the sites that are widely used is the internet platform, e.g. Youtube. Additionally, the toolbar offers you the radio service.
However, despite the changes on the PC, user shouldn’t be worry as the Ask Toolbar is not a dangerous virus, besides, can be quickly eliminated. If the user sees that after the removal the toolbar is still left on the system or displays annoying ads, he/she should be worried more. It means that the toolbar performs with the help of cyber criminals and that its activity is quite suspicious.
How to remove Ask Toolbar and Ask Search?
For the Ask Toolbar removal, you are suggested to choose between two types of procedures – manual and automatic. By performing these, you will bring back your old search supplier, the home page site and will eliminate the threat that irritates you.
MANUAL Ask Toolbar Removal PROCEDURE
How to uninstall Ask Toolbar?
- Step 1: G o to Start menu → Control Panel.
- Step 2: Go to Add or Remove Programs → Choose Ask Toolbar → click on Remove.
Windows Vista/Windows 7
- Step 1: Navigate to Start menu → Control Panel.
- Step 2: Go to Programs/Programs and features → choose Uninstall a program.
- Step 3: Make a right click on Ask Toolbar/any other unwanted element → choose Uninstall.
- Step1: Go to Charm bar → Settings → Control Panel
- Step 2: Choose Uninstall a programs → Choose the unneeded element and erase it.
How to fix the browser settings?
- Step 1: Go to IE → Tools → Manage Add-ons → Toolbars and Extensions
- Step 2: Disable the unnecessary toolbar.
- Step 3: Search Providers (left side) → Remove Ask search asupplier.
- Step 4: Navigate to Tools menu → Internet Options.’
- Step 5: General tab → Modify the startup site → hit Apply.
- Step 1: Go to Google Chrome → use Alt+F → go to Tools → Extensions.
- Step 2: Trace Ask Toolbar and eliminate it (by choosing recycle bin).
- Step 3: Settings (on the left) → go to On startup.
- Step 4: Set pages → type in the name of the new home page → hit OK.
- Step 5: Search section → Manage search engines.
- Step 6: Remove the wrong search provider →And press on Make default.
- Step 1: Mozilla Firefox → use Alt+Shift+A → go to Extensions.
- Step 2: Find and erase Ask Toolbar.
- Step 3: Go to Firefox → Help → Troubleshooting information → Reset Firefox.
- Step 4: Choose Finish.