Chrome redirect virus Removal Tips
If you recently noticed that every time you use Google Chrome you get redirected to unfamiliar pages, it it possible that your PC was infiltrated by Chrome redirect virus. This virus is also known as Alureon Trojan and TDSS Rootkit. Even though this version of the Trojan affects only Google Chrome, other versions of the same threat are able to infect Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox too.
This Trojan enters your system secretly and thus disturbances in Chrome’s performance and slower computer speed are practically the only two ways to notice it. We strongly recommend to remove Chrome redirect virus as soon as possible.
What does Chrome redirect virus do?
This rogue performs many unauthorized activities. First of all, like its name suggests, this virus redirects you in the middle of your browsing session which is very irritating and annoying. The redirection is also really dangerous, because you may be routed to a malignant website which, of course, could lead to further malware infiltration. Do not allow these redirects to continue and terminate Chrome redirect virus right now.
The intruder can also block your Internet access. As long as this Trojan is in your system, you most likely will be unable to use Google.com or Yahoo.com. This way the malware ensures that you will have a lot of trouble when you attempt to remove Chrome redirect virus from your system.
The fact that this virus managed to enter your system indicates that you do not have a legitimate computer security software or that it is outdated. In either case, you need to take care of this issue, because you will need such security tool to eliminate Chrome redirect virus. You should also know how this malicious software managed to infect your system. The Trojan may have slithered into your PC bundled with free of charge software from some suspicious website. If you have not installed any freeware lately, it may have entered the computer via spam email attachments or social engineering scams. Since your system does not have a reputable anti-malware, the entrance would have been left unnoticed, if not for your troubles with Google Chrome. Take better care of your system in the future and perform Chrome redirect virus removal.
How to erase Chrome redirect virus?
It is clear that Chrome redirect virus removal must become your priority. This Trojan is a very dangerous infection and you should purchase an authentic and powerful anti-malware to uninstall Chrome redirect virus. Unless you are an experienced computer user, we do not recommend to delete Chrome redirect virus manually. Only if you have encountered this type of virus before or if you have advanced computer knowledge, you can follow manual Chrome redirect virus removal instructions provided below this article.
Delete Chrome redirect virus from your PC
Change proxy settings in Google Chrome
- Start the browser and press Alt+F.
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings.
- Move to Network and open Change proxy settings.
- Go to Connections tab and tap the LAN settings button.
- Navigate to Proxy server and un-mark the first box.
- Click OK.
Change TCP/IP configurations
- Open Start menu and tap Control Panel.
- Click Network Connection and double-click on Local Area Connection.
- Access Properties and double-click on Protocol (TCP/IP).
- Select ‘Obtain an IP address automatically’ and ‘Obtain DNS server address automatically’.
- Press OK.
- Tap Start button and access Control Panel.
- Choose Network and Internet and select Manage network connections (under Network and Sharing Center).
- Select a connection and right-click it.
- Pick Properties and go to the Networking tab.
- Choose Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6).
- Open Properties and select ‘Obtain an IP address automatically’ and ‘Obtain DNS server address automatically’.
- Tap OK.
- Access the Start menu and choose Control Panel.
- Type in “adapter” into the search box and choose View network connections.
- Right-click the selected connection and open Properties.
- Click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6).
- Choose Properties and tap ‘Obtain an IP address automatically’ and ‘Obtain DNS server address automatically’.
- Click OK.
Change Windows Host File
- Locate the “hosts” file under C:Windowssystem32driversetc.
- Right-click the file and open it with Notepad.
- Go to the bottom of the Copyright text and delete everything except “127.0.0.1 localhost” or “::1”.
- Tap “X” to leave the window and choose Yes in order to save the changes.
Eliminate Chrome Redirect Virus from Google Chrome
- Start the browser and press Alt+F.
- Open Tools and choose Extensions.
- Look for the unknown extensions and terminate them via the trash icon.