YTDownloader Removal Guide
YTDownloader is a browser plug-in categorized as an advertising supported application. In its official website yt-downloader.com, the software is presented as a tool that enables you to download and watch YouTube videos. It supports MP4, FLV, MPEG, MP3, and AVI formats.
However, the true goal of this program is to promote the third parties and to increase traffic to their pages. The moment it enters your computer, this application starts suspicious activities, including the alteration of your browsers’ settings and downloads of browser helper objects (BHO). We recommend not to trust this software and to remove YTDownloader from your PC.
What does YTDownloader do?
Even though some users install YTDownloader voluntarily, others are quite surprised when they discover the adware in their computers. That is because its official website is not the only source of this software. Like many other adware programs, YTDownloader also travels in freeware bundles. As a result, it is likely that you will find this application in your PC after you download some free of charge software from a suspicious page. To prevent these unwanted entrances, you need to be more attentive during the installation process. Always choose Advanced or Custom option and read EULA. When you see additional software, deselect it.
It will not be hard to notice the program once it manages to infiltrate your system. Most likely, the adware will change your home page and default search engine, so that it could control your searches. Needless to say, you should not trust the search results filled with sponsored links. The ads will probably become a highly annoying and distracting part of your browsing too. Since the adware cares only about the promotion of the third parties, you will not be able to get rid of all the ads unless you delete YTDownloader. However, the biggest problem you will face is not he irritating ads, but the suspicious nature of them. Adware holds no responsibility over the affiliate third parties and it does not check them. Every time you click the ad, you will enter an unknown and thus, untrustworthy page.
Finally, you should also know that the intruder follows our online activities. It gathers your data and uses it to customize the ads. However, the information is also shared with the third parties which, as we established, cannot be trusted. After reading this article, it should be obvious that the best choice is to terminate YTDownloader.
How to remove YTDownloader?
If you decided to get rid of YTDownloader you have two possible options. You can follow manual YTDownloader removal instructions presented by our researchers under this article. However, you can also use a reputable and up-to-date computer security tool to remove YTDownloader too. This later option also ensures your system’s safety after you uninstall YTDownloader.
- Open Charm menu and select Settings.
- Click Control Panel and access Uninstall a program.
- Tap Uninstall to eliminate YTDownloader.
- Tap Start button and open Control Panel.
- Go to Add or Remove programs and remove the suspicious application.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Access Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program and erase YTDownloader.
Eliminate YTDownloader from your browsers
- Click Ctrl+Shift+A at the same time and open Extensions.
- Terminate unwanted extensions and close the tab. Press Alt+T and choose Options.
- Go to General tab and overwrite the home page. Tap OK and leave the menu.
- Select the search icon and access Manage Search engines. Replace the unwanted search engine with another.
- Press OK.
- Press Alt+F and move to Tools. Choose Extensions and terminate the undesirable extensions.
- Open Settings and click Open a page or a set of pages. Select Set pages and change/delete your home page.
- Click OK and go to Manage Search Engines. Overwrite the search engine.
- Click Done and restart the browser.
- Tap Alt+X and open Manage add-ons. Select Toolbars and Extensions and delete all unwanted extensions.
- Click Search Providers, erase the unwanted search engine and pick a new one.
- Save changes and leave the window. Click Alt+X and tap Internet Options.
- Navigate to General tab and delete/change the home page. Click OK.