Go.speedbit.com Removal Instructions
Go.speedbit.com is categorized as a browser hijacker which can effect Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. Usually, the hijacker infiltrates user’s computer bundled with free of charge software, if the user often downloads freeware from unofficial websites. However, it can also enter your PC together with SPEEDbit Toolbar.
Once inside, the intruder will change browsers’ settings and instal helper objects which will prevent you from undoing the alterations. This application works for the benefit of the unknown third parties and can cause serious trouble for your computer, thus we advise to delete Go.speedbit.com.
What does Go.speedbit.com do?
The main goal of such intruder is to direct traffic to sponsored pages. To do that, the hijacker changes your home page and default search engine. The modifications allow the software to control your search results by adding numerous advertisements and promoted links to the mix. Since it is very difficult to separate the useful and relevant search results from the added links, we advise to avoid using the provided search tool. Beware that the sources of the presented ads and links are completely unknown and thus can turn out be quite dangerous. Stay away from them and terminate Go.speedbit.com.
You should also know that hijacker records information about you and uses it to make the ads look more attractive. Do not be surprised when the ads correspond with your search queries, browsing history, geographical location, clicks, favorite pages, and so on. The hijacker customizes the adverts so that you would be more inclined to click them and traffic to the sponsored pages would increase. However, as we already mentioned, the third parties that own the pages to which you will be directed are unknown and thus should not be trusted. Besides, the hijackers are often exploited by malicious parties and used as gateway for viruses, Trojans, etc. It is in your best interest to get rid of Go.speedbit.com.
Since this application travels alongside freeware, you should learn to be more careful during your future free installations. Also, this hijacker is certainly not the only intruder that can slither into the system, if you are not careful enough. To prevent unwanted infiltrations, you should choose Advanced or Custom option and read the presented software license agreement. When you see the additional programs, deselect them.
How to remove Go.speedbit.com?
If you think that you have this hijacker inside your PC, you should purchase a reputable anti-spyware and let it eliminate Go.speedbit.com for you. Of course, you can also attempt to remove Go.speedbit.com by yourself, provided that you follow the instructions closely. Either way, do not delay any longer and delete Go.speedbit.com from your system.
- Move the cursor to the right corner of your desktop.
- Open Settings.
- Click Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall Go.speedbit.com.
- Click the Start button.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Open Add or Remove programs.
- Remove Go.speedbit.com from your PC.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Access Start menu.
- Pick Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program.
- Terminate Go.speedbit.com.
Uninstall Go.speedbit.com from your browsers
- Click Alt+X and open Manage add-ons. In the Toolbars and Extensions, remove unknown applications.
- Open Search Providers and delete/change the search engine.
- Save the changes and leave window. Tap Alt+X once more.
- Move to Internet Options (under the General tab), remove the current home page and choose another one as your default.
- Click OK.
- Click Ctrl+Shift+A and choose Add-ons Manager tab. In the Extensions menu, tap Remove next to the suspicious extensions.
- Close the tab and press Alt+T. Open Options.
- Under General tab, overwrite the home page and click OK. Leave the menu.
- Tap the search icon and replace the unwanted search engine with a new one in the Manage Search engines.
- Press OK.
- Tap Alt+F and scroll over to Tools. Open Extensions, remove all suspicious applications by clicking the trash can.
- In Settings, select Open a page or a set of pages and pick Set pages.
- Change/remove the home page and click OK. Under Search, click on Manage search engines.
- Set different search engine as your default one and remove the unwanted one. Tap Done and restart the browser.