What is Safe.v9.com?
If your home page and default search engine have recently been changed to Safe.v9.com without your permission, your computer system must be infected with a browser hijacker. V9.com may look like a legitimate website, but it is not. Once you start using this search engine you will notice that your search results are being altered to include ads. You will also see other symptoms of the infection which will be discussed in detail in the next chapter. What you should know is this: browser hijackers are in no way beneficial and if you have one on your PC it will worsen your browsing experience and expose you to virtual security threats. We recommend you delete V9.com from your system.
How does Safe.v9.com work?
V9.com was created by Beijing ELEX Technology Co. Ltd and functions in a similar way to other browser hijackers like qone8.com, qvo6.com, default-search.com and many more. Once the program enters your computer your browser settings such as home page and default search provider will be automatically modified. The hijacker is compatible with all major browsers so every time you open one of them you will see V9.com. Moreover, you will also be redirected to various pages while you browse the Web for no reason at all.
The main problem with V9.com, however, is the ads that it presents you with. The adverts may contain false or offensive data. Cyber criminals can easily exploit the program and show you fake pop-ups, banners or sponsored links that may lead you to pages that harbor malicious programs. You could also be exposed to fake lotteries and surveys that were created for the sole purpose of acquiring your personal information. Needless to say, your private data, especially related to bank account details, could be used against you. So, if you value your Internet safety you should terminate V9.com.
How to remove Safe.v9.com from my PC?
If you have already clicked on one of the ads provided by the hijacker there is no question that you should scan your PC with an anti-malware program. You can also use the tool to eliminate V9.com along with all of its components. Installing a security application will make sure you do not get infected by unwanted and malicious programs, so it is always a good idea to have one on your computer. You can also remove V9.com manually by using the instructions provided below this article. Still you should scan your PC afterwards to make sure it is clean.
Manual Safe.v9.com removal
Remove Safe.v9.com from Internet Explorer
- Open IE, tap Alt+X and open General tab
- Click Use Default or set your own home page
- Go back to the menu and click Manage add-ons
- Under Search providers delete V9.com
- Set a new default search engine
Uninstall Safe.v9.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and click on the search engine icon
- Select Manage search engine and erase V9.com
- Click on the menu and pick Options (General tab)
- Click Restore to Default or set your own home page
- Click OK to save made changes
Delete Safe.v9.com from Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Click on Settings and locate On startup section
- Click Open a specific page or set of pages
- Click on Set pages and remove V9.com
- Type in a new home page and click OK
- Go to Search and click Manage search engines
- Set a new default search provider and erase V9.com
Edit browser shortcuts
- Right-click on your browser shortcut
- Select Properties and click Shortcut tab
- Locate Target and erase all text after “.exe”
- Click OK to save changes