Ib.Adnxs Removal Guide
Ib.Adnxs which is also known as Appnexus is an advertising platform. The adware claims to be the “most innovative trading solutions and marketplaces for Internet advertising”. It may be the truth, but the application is also very intrusive and slightly suspicious and makes very few users happy. This program is compatible with Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
It means that ads brought to you by Ib.Adnxs may appear in any browser you choose to use. One of the nasty tricks performed by this platform is the change of browser settings without the user’s permission. Imagine that suddenly your home page and default search engine are changed and the only way to undo these changes is to remove Ib.Adnxs from your PC.
What does Ib.Adnxs do?
The users that are able to tolerate the changed settings, usually become highly annoyed with the constant pop-ups this adware generates. The flow of the advertisements can be overwhelming and tiring, because the large amount of images the computer has to upload in every new window, means that it loses the speed. The ads may also direct you to malicious pages, since the adware does not monitor the contents of the ads it promotes. Its only aim is to generate revenue by directing traffic to sponsored websites. It is entirely possible that while this program is inside your system, you will enter a corrupted page and get infected with malware. To eliminate this risk we urge you to delete Ib.Adnxs as soon as possible.
This application usually enters the user’s computer with freeware from unsafe pages. You should not endanger your computer by installing suspicious software. However, if you decided to proceed, you should choose Custom or Advanced installation and deselect boxes that inform you about the additional program. Remove Ib.Adnxs and do not leave the safety of your computer to chance.
How to remove Ib.Adnxs?
The best way to delete Ib.Adnxs and to ensure that your system is secure in the future is to employ an anti-spyware and to let it deal with the intruder. If you are determined to get rid of Ib.Adnxs on your own, follow the instructions below.
- Press Alt+T and go to Tools.
- Choose Extensions and delete Ib.Adnxsby clicking the trash icon.
- Select Settings and choose Open a page or a set of pages (under On startup).
- Click Set pages and replace the current home page with your preferred one.
- Click OK.
- Under Search, choose Manage search engines and set your preferred search engine as default.
- Delete the current search engine and click Done.
- Restart the browser.
- Press Alt+X and move to Manage add-ons.
- Choose Toolbars and Extensions and delete Ib.Adnxs.
- Tap Search providers and delete the unwanted search engine.
- Choose a new search engine and make it your default.
- Save the changes and close the window.
- Press Alt+X again and open Internet Options in the General tab.
- Replace the current home page with your preferred one.
- Click OK.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously and click Add-ons Manager.
- Make sure that you are in Extensions and click Remove button next to Ib.Adnxs.
- Leave the tab.
- Press Alt+T and choose Options.
- In the General tab, delete the current home page and choose an new one.
- Click OK and close the menu.
- Click the search icon in the search bar and choose Manage Search Engines.
- Delete the unwanted search engine and choose a new one as your default.
- Click OK.