Key-find.com Removal Tips
key-find.com is a browser hijacker that promises to make browsing more productive. However, in reality you do not benefit from it at all. Just like aartemis.com, nationzoom.com, and awesomehp.com this hijacker belongs to Qvod6 family. It usually enters your computer in a clandestine manner bundled with freeware from malicious websites. Once it gets inside, it starts performing various nasty tricks and disturbing your computer’s work. It can slow down your system, redirect you to malicious sites, and expose your personal information. Continue reading this article and we will explain in detail how this hijacker works and how to remove key-find.com.
What does key-find.com do?
As mentioned before, key-find.com usually enters computer bundled with free of charge software. To prevent such entrance you should always choose Advanced or Custom installation and monitor the process very closely. Uncheck the boxes that inform you about additional applications. This particular hijacker sometimes infiltrates the user’s system using fake updates too. It means that you have to be very careful about updating your Java or Flash Player. Make sure that updates come from the official page and only then agree to the update.
When key-find.com enters a new PC it immediately modifies Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox settings. Your home page and your default search engine are changed to key-find.com. It also adds Quick Start extension. If you have this hijacker inside your computer, you will see “Quick Start” site with every new tab you open. Your search queries will be redirected to searches.safehomepage.com if you use Mozilla Firefox or search.webssearches.com if you use Google Chrome. Both search engines alter search results trying to redirect you to sponsored websites. By clicking these websites, you may enter a page managed by cyber criminals and get infected with malware, because key-find.com does not monitor the sites it promotes. Its only goal is to increase revenue.
Finally, you will soon notice that key-find.com brought several adwares and PUA to your computer. It is obvious that you must deal with this problem as soon as possible. Delete key-find.com from your PC and do not forget to take care of all additional programs after the key-find.com removal.
How to remove key-find.com?
For the sake of you computer’s safety you need to uninstall key-find.com. Do not trust this hijacker and try to stay away from all the false pop-ups it generates. By following the instructions provided below this article, eliminate key-find.com and all the applications it brought alongside. Scan your system with antimalware after the key-find.com removal.
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Choose Add or Remove Programs.
- Find the unwanted applications and Remove it.
Windows 7 & Windows Vista
- Click Start and choose Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the unwanted applications and select Uninstall.
- Right-click the background of the Metro UI menu and choose All apps.
- Click Control Panel and select Uninstall a program.
- Find the unwanted applications and click Uninstall.
- Right-click on the Internet Explorer icon and choose Properties.
- Click Shortcut tab and find the Target line.
- Remove the URL.
- Click OK.
- Launch browser and press Alt+T.
- Choose Internet Options and select Advanced tab.
- Click Reset.
- Mark Delete personal settings and click Reset again.
- Right-click Mozilla Firefox icon and choose Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and find the Target line.
- Remove URL and click OK.
- Launch Mozilla Firefox and press Alt+H.
- Choose Troubleshooting information and tap Reset Firefox.
- Click Reset Firefox again.
- Right-click on Google Chrome shortcut.
- Click Properties and choose Shortcut tab.
- Delete the URL from the Target line.
- Click OK.
- Launch your browser and press Alt+F.
- Choose Settings and select Show Advanced Settings.
- Click Reset browser settings and then click the Reset again.