MindDabble Toolbar Removal Tips
Created by Mindspark Interactive Network Inc, MindDabble Toolbar is considered to be a potentially unwanted application (PUA), because of a few questionable features. It was noticed that this toolbar affects Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. Once you install it, you will be provided with a toolbar full of shortcuts to the most popular pages and some online gaming sites.
This application is advertised as a mind games toolbar, unfortunately it concerns itself with more than just creative puzzles. When it enters a new computer, it changes the browsers’ settings which usually frustrates the user. Read this article to find out more about this program and to learn why we recommend to remove MindDabble Toolbar from your PC.
What does MindDabble Toolbar do?
As mentioned before, the toolbar changes your home page and default search engine to My Web Search as soon as you download it. The users claim that the toolbar performs these modifications without their permission, however that is not exactly true. It asks you if you wish to change your browsers’ settings, unfortunately people rarely follow the software installation process as they should. Since the users miss the inquiry, no wonder they are so surprised and angered that the changes took place. If you wish to get back your old home page, you will have to delete MindDabble Toolbar.
Even if you decided to use this search engine, we suggest to reconsider and to get rid of MindDabble Toolbar. My Web Search is a low quality search engine and should not be trusted. It is well known for its close association with the third parties and tendency to show numerous commercial advertisements. Basically, even though it provides you with a search engine function, you still should not use it. Some ads presented by My Web Search can route you to suspicious websites where you may get infected with malware. We advise you not to risk the safety of your computer and to eliminate MindDabble Toolbar.
Even though the toolbar can be installed directly, some users notice it inside their computers without performing the installation. If that happened to you, it means that the PUA infiltrated your PC together with freeware. In the future be more careful and monitor every free of charge software installation closely. Choose Advanced or Custom options and opt-out of additional programs by clicking the ‘Decline’ button. However, for now simply concentrate on MindDabble Toolbar removal.
How to remove MindDabble Toolbar?
Under this article you will find detailed instructions on how to terminate MindDabble Toolbar. Follow them and erase MindDabble Toolbar. If you would rather leave this job for the professionals, we suggest to purchase an anti-spyware and to scan your PC with it.
Delete MindDabble Toolbar
- Press Windows key + R and type in Control Panel.
- Click Enter and choose Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall MindDabble Toolbar.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Click Start and go to Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and uninstall MindDabble Toolbar.
- Open Start menu and tap Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove programs and erase MindDabble Toolbar.
Delete MindDabble Toolbar from your browsers
- Press Alt+X and choose Internet Options.
- In the General tab, delete home.mywebsearch.com and select a new home page.
- Click OK.
- Press Alt+X once more and click Manage add-ons.
- Tap Search Providers and set a new default search engine.
- Delete My Web Search.
- Open menu and click Options.
- In the General tab, delete home.mywebsearch.com and choose a new home page.
- Click OK.
- Choose search engine icon in the search box and select Manage search engines.
- Remove My Web Search and set a new default search engine.
- Click OK.