You probably installed MySearchPage.net onto your computer accidentally when you downloaded freeware applications. In some cases, this search engine may seem like a browser hijacker because it modifies your browser settings. However, browser hijackers usually enter target systems surreptitiously while MySearchPage.net does inform users that it is going to change their browser settings. Thus, we can say that you allow the search engine to modify your settings. Although it is not a dangerous computer infection, you should still remove MySearchPage.net from your computer because such search engines are not completely safe to use.
The main reason computer security experts say you should stay away from the likes of MySearchPage.net is that this search engine always comes bundled with potentially unwanted applications. The programs that distributed MySearchPage.net include MyPCBackup, Optimizer Pro, RegClean Pro, SunriseBrowse and many more. All of these programs are promoted as useful tools that should improve your computer performance, but that is hardly the case. It is far more like that the potentially unwanted programs and MySearchPage.net will slow down your system, and you will not be able to browse the Internet properly. What is more, you could be exposed to corrupted content on unfamiliar websites, and that is something one has to avoid.
MySearchPage.net is directly related to other potentially corrupted search engines, such as Mysearchdial, Rocket-find.com, speeddial and so on. A feature common to all of these search engines is that they do not have an original search service. When MySearchPage.net gets installed on your computer, it changes your default homepage and search engine to MySearchPage.net. However, if you perform a web search via this website, you will notice that all of your searches get redirected through us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com. In other words, MySearchPage.net uses a customized version of Yahoo! search engine and that is rather redundant.
Rather than being a direct computer security threat, MySearchPage.net is more of a clear indicator that you have unwanted applications on your system. Also, you are strongly discouraged from clicking sponsored ads on MySearchPage.net homepage. Most of these ads recommend you download system optimization tools, but you can never know whether a link on an ad leads you to a reliable website or not. Sometimes these ads could be embedded with corrupted links to dangerous pages.
In order to avoid severe computer security issues, you have to remove MySearchPage.net and other related applications from the PC immediately. Do not forget that you will also have to restore your browser settings manually as removal via Control panel does not delete MySearchPage.net extensions from your default browsers. Eventually, do scan your system with a legitimate antispyware application as that is the best way to make sure that all the unwanted applications have been taken care of.
How to remove MySearchPage.net
- Move mouse cursor to the bottom right of your screen.
- Go to Settings on Charm bar and select Control Panel.
- Open Uninstall a program and remove MySearchPage.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and remove MySearchPage.
- Click Start menu button and select Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or remove programs and uninstall MySearchPage.
Remove MySearchPage.net from your browser
- Press Alt+T and go to Manage add-ons.
- Remove MySearchPage from Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Search providers on the left.
- Set a new default search engine and remove MySearchPage.net.
- Press Alt+T and go to Internet options.
- Change your homepage under General tab and press OK.
- Click the search engine icon on the left of Firefox search box.
- Select Manage search engines on drop-down menu.
- Remove MySearchPage.net from the list and click OK.
- Press Alt+T and go to Options.
- Change your homepage address under General tab and press OK.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A for Add-ons manager tab to open.
- Disable and remove MySearchPage from Extensions.
- Restart browser.
- Press Alt+F and go to Tools.
- Click Extensions and remove MySearchPage. Press Settings on the left.
- Select Open a specific page or set of pages under On Startup.
- Click Set pages and change your homepage. Press OK.
- Select Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine, delete MySearchPage.net and click Done. Download Removal Toolto remove MySearchPage.net