Omniboxes.com Removal Guide
Omniboxes.com is categorized as a browser hijacker or a redirect virus. The application is developed by SuperNet Technology Co.,Limited and is almost identical to mystartsearch.com, isearch.omiga-plus.com, Sweet-page.com, and so on. Even though it looks like a normal search engine, you should not trust it.
Our research team determined that this hijacker uses deceptive techniques to sneak into new computers and instantly changes your home page, default search engine and even shortcut targets in all major browses. If you do not wish to have a software that performs unauthorized changes in your PC, we recommend to delete Omniboxes.com.
What does Omniboxes.com do?
Since the hijacker takes over your browsers and alters their settings, it is safe to assume that it will use this opportunity to change the presented search results. You will most likely see the results mixed with additional links that may be completely unrelated to your search query and displayed in between countless ads. Needless to say, you will have to spend a lot of time filtering this messy information. Do not waste your time and get rid of Omniboxes.com.
The biggest problem related to this intruder is the untrustworthy third parties which are promoted by his application. Since the hijacker earns money by increasing traffic to the sponsored pages, it does everything to make you click the predetermined links. That includes tracking your Internet activities in order to learn your habits and interests. The recorded data is used to personalize the advertisements hoping that the user will be induced to click them. However, we urge you to stay away from all those pop-ups, banners, in-text ads, etc., because you may end up in a malicious website. The hijackers do not care about your computer’s safety and do not check the prompted parties which is why they are often exploited by cyber criminals. If you get exposed to malicious third parties after clicking the ad or if the application itself redirects you to a malignant page, chances are that you will get infected with malware. Protect your PC and remove Omniboxes.com.
This hijacker enters user’s computer bundled with such applications like Cleaner, RocketTab, Speed Up, etc. In the future, you should download freeware only from official websites or at least be very attentive during the installation process. Do not let some unknown software infiltrate your computer and eliminate Omniboxes.com, if it already sneaked inside.
How to remove Omniboxes.com?
We advise to terminate Omniboxes.com using a professional anti-spyware. Bearing in mind that this infection is quite tricky and knowing that a legitimate security tool could protect your system from future threats, this seems like the best option. However, you can also try to erase Omniboxes.com manually. For that you should allow the directions provided by our researchers.
Fix your target line
- Right-click your browser’s shortcut and select Properties.
- Find the Target line and delete everything after the quotation marks.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Click the Windows logo which is on the Taskbar to open the Start menu.
- Access the Control Panel and choose Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the suspicious application.
- Click Uninstall and delete Omniboxes.com.
- Click the Start button in order to open a menu.
- Open Control Panel and tap Add or Remove Programs.
- Choose Change or Remove Programs and uninstall Omniboxes.com.
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen and choose All apps.
- Select Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the unwanted application and select Uninstall to uninstall Omniboxes.com.
Eliminate Omniboxes.com from your browsers
- Simultaneously Press Ctrl+Shift+A and access Extensions.
- Remove all suspicious extensions and close the tab.
- Press Alt+T and navigate to Options.
- In the General tab, replace the current home page with your preferred one.
- Tap OK and close the menu.
- Click the search icon and select Manage Search engines.
- Delete the unwanted search engines and choose your new default search engine.
- Click OK.
- Press Alt+F and open Tools.
- In the Extensions, delete the undesirable extensions.
- Choose Settings and click Open a page or a set of pages (under On startup).
- Select Set pages and delete/change the home page. Click OK.
- Under search, access Manage Search Engines and remove the current search engine.
- Choose a new default search engine.
- Click Done and restart Google Chrome.
- Press Alt+X together and move to Manage add-ons.
- Go to Toolbars and Extensions and delete all unknown extensions.
- Tap Search Providers, uninstall the unwanted search engine and select a new one.
- Save the changes and close the window.
- Press Alt+X and go to Internet Options.
- In the General tab, delete your current home page and choose a new one.
- Click OK.