Adlinker.net Removal Tips
Adlinker.net is a browser hijacker created to generate traffic to specific pages. It changes the home page and default search engine in Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox. It is a very intrusive and quite dangerous application that enters your computer in a clandestine manner. Researchers claim that it brings you no benefit, but it can harm your system. Read the following article to find out why exactly your should delete Adlinker.net.
What does Adlinker.net do?
Adlinker.net enters your computer bundled with free of charge software. This way of distributing unwanted applications is called ‘bundling’ and often catches unaware computer users of a guard. Officially these programs are disclosed, however the creators know very well that almost no one reads the software license agreement and thus no one notices these entrances. To protect yourself you should monitor every freeware installation carefully. Select Custom or Advanced options and do not let any unwanted programs to enter your system without a proper notice. If the adware still managed to get inside your system, we recommend to remove Adlinker.net as soon as possible.
The users usually notice this program when it starts displaying various advertisements and performs redirection. Both characteristics are common in browser hijackers, because they both allow to increase the traffic to predetermined websites. Since the application hijacked your browsers, now it can alter your search results which will be drowned in a flood of advertisements. In between the results you will find many additional links that may have nothing in common with your search query. The hijacker hopes that will you accidentally click them, because for every click the application earns money. The constant redirection and countless advertisements really irritate the users and soon they start looking for ways to terminate Adlinker.net.
You should also know that as long as this application stays inside your computer, you may be exposed to the malicious third parties. Nobody verifies the reliability of the provided links, so nobody can tell you where you will be directed. If you enter a page managed by cyber criminals, you may get infected with malware which can result in monetary loss or identity theft. Before that happens you should proceed with Adlinker.net removal.
How to remove Adlinker.net?
First of all, you must never trust a program that enters your system in a secretive manner. Also, from this article it is obvious that this program is completely useless and can be highly dangerous. We recommend to get rid of Adlinker.net as soon as possible. If you are not sure how to delete Adlinker.net, you may install a reputable anti-spyware and let it eliminate Adlinker.net. If you wish to erase Ad linker.net manually, you will find instructions under this article.
- Go to the lower right corner of the screen and choose Settings.
- Select Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program.
- Click the unwanted application and tap Uninstall.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Click Start and go to Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and find the undesirable program.
- Uninstall Adlinker.net.
- Choose Start and open Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs and look for the malicious application.
- Remove Adlinker.net.
Reset your browsers
- Launch Google Chrome and open menu (top right corner).
- Click Settings and select Show advanced settings.
- Find Reset browser settings and tap it.
- Click Reset once more.
- Open Internet Explorer and click menu icon (top right corner).
- Choose Internet Options and go to Advanced tab.
- Click Reset and select Delete personal settings.
- Then click Reset again.
- Start Mozilla Firefox and open menu (top right corner).
- Choose question mark and tap Troubleshooting information.
- Choose Reset Firefox and then click Reset Firefox again.
- Click Finish.