ALOTHelper Removal Instructions
ALOTHelper is a browser hijacker that enters your PC bundled with freeware or shareware from untrustworthy websites. It is compatible with all major browsers, including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer. When it enters your computer it changes your home page and default search engine to search.alot.com. Even if you are able to adapt to a new search tool, we recommend to stay away from it, because this search engine proved to be untrustworthy. In fact, the best course of action is to get rid of ALOTHelper altogether.
What does ALOTHelper do?
As mentioned before, the application sneaks inside your computer during free of charge software installation. Bundling is a deceptive marketing tool created to spread the unwanted programs. Officially, ALOTHelper should be a highly useful, safe, and beneficial browser helper object, however the simple fact that it enters your PC in such clandestine manner indicates that it is not as trustworthy as it would like us to think. You must never trust a program that enters your computer without your permission. In the future, we strongly recommend to be more attentive during download and to deselect the boxes that announce the unwanted applications. Since you are reading this article, it is obvious that you already found this hijacker inside your system. We suggest to delete ALOTHelper immediately.
The hijacker always seeks to benefit third parties which pay for the promotion of their websites. In order to increase traffic to these websites, the intruder changes your browser’s settings and alters your search results. Not only the results will be displayed together with countless pop-ups, banners, in-text ads, etc., but you will also notice additional links scattered in between your true search results. These links may be completely unrelated to your search query, however they are displayed hoping that you will click them. The hijacker is, of course, not liable to any damage made by the third parties which means that it does not monitor them. Therefore, it is very possible that after clicking the sponsored link you will enter an infected page and get attacked by malware. We strongly recommend to stay away from the presented advertisements and a new default search engine. If you think that this hijacker is already inside your computer, we advise to remove ALOTHelper as soon as possible.
How to remove ALOTHelper?
The most efficient way to eliminate ALOTHelper is to install a reputable anti-spyware and to scan your PC with it. A trustworthy security tool would also protect your computer in the future. The users that wish to erase ALOTHelper manually, should follow the instructions displayed under this article.
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen and choose All apps.
- Open Control Panel and move to Uninstall a program.
- Find the unwanted application and uninstall ALOTHelper.
Windows Vista or Windows 7
- Click Start and choose Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and uninstall ALOTHelper.
- Open Start menu and choose Control Panel.
- Open Add or Remove Programs and remove ALOTHelper.
Reset your browsers
- Launch your browser and tap the gear icon.
- Select Internet Options and move to Advanced tab.
- Choose Reset and in the new window mark Delete personal settings box.
- Choose Reset again and restart your browser.
- Open the browser and click menu icon.
- Tap question mark and choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Click Reset Firefox and select Reset Firefox once more.
- Restart Firefox.
- Open Google Chrome and click menu.
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings.
- At the bottom of the page choose Reset browser settings and click Reset.
- Restart your browser.