Astrology.com Toolbar Removal Tips
Astrology.com Toolbar is another creation of the infamous Mindspark toolbar family. This company also developed such toolbars as CitySearch toolbar, PuzzleGamesDaily Toolbar, KnowTheBible Toolbar, etc. which are very similar to this latest browser add-on. Even though it looks reliable and trustworthy this toolbar can actually be quite harmful to your computer. The users can download it from its official page free.astrology.com, however the program usually comes bundled with freeware (sometimes even malware) and adds extensions to all main browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer. We recommend to remove Astrology.com Toolbar immediately.
What does Astrology.com Toolbar do?
Like all such tools Astrology.com Toolbar is usually distributed together with free software from untrustworthy websites. The best way to stop it from entering your PC is to stay away from suspicious pages. If you are determined to install free of charge software from a page of questionable reputation, we urge you to at least take all the possible precautions. Choose Advanced or Custom download and follow the process closely. These two options allow you to deselect the boxes that suggest installations of additional programs. Be vigilant and make sure that unwanted programs do not sneak in without your knowledge. If such application entered your computer, we advise you to delete Astrology.com Toolbar.
If Astrology.com Toolbar enters your computer, you will notice it instantly. In addition to installed toolbar it also changes your home page and default search engine to Ask.com. You should not be surprised when you are presented with altered search results too, because the toolbar promotes various third parties and tries to induce you to click sponsored links. These modifications can expose you to malicious websites where you can be infected with malware. After clicking the link provided by this search engine, you may find rootkits, viruses, Trojans, etc. in your PC. Know that these redirect links are scattered all over your search results. Even if you consciously try to avoid them, you may click them accidentally. The threat of malware infection will exist for as long as this toolbar stays inside your system. The only way to eliminate the constant risk is to get rid of Astrology.com Toolbar.
How to remove Astrology.com Toolbar?
We must warn you that Astrology.com Toolbar removal might not be easy, since uninstalling it through Control Panel deletes it only from Internet Explorer. It means that you will have to terminate Astrology.com Toolbar from another browsers separately. Of course, the easiest option would be to employ a reputable anti-spyware and to scan your system with it. Anti-spyware would be able to eliminate Astrology.com Toolbar and to protect your PC in the future. If you wish to remove Astrology.com Toolbar by yourself, you will find detailed instructions below this article.
Delete Astrology.com Toolbar
- Go to the bottom right corner of the screen and choose Settings.
- Select Control Panel and click Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall Astrology.com Toolbar.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Click Start and choose Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and uninstall Astrology.com Toolbar.
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Choose Add or Remove programs and remove Astrology.com Toolbar.
Erase Astrology.com Toolbar from your browsers
- Press Alt+F and go to More Tools.
- Click Extensions and delete Astrology.com Toolbar.
- Choose Settings and mark Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup.
- Select Set pages and change the current page with your preferred one.
- Click OK.
- Choose Manage search engines under Search and choose a new default search engine.
- Remove Ask Search and tap Done.
- Press Alt+T and choose Options.
- Click Search tab and set a new default search engine.
- Delete Ask Search and click OK.
- Press Alt+T once more and move to Options.
- Click General tab and choose a new home page.
- Click OK.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously and remove Astrology.com Toolbar from the Extensions.
- Restart your browser.