AutoPcBackup Toolbar Removal Tips
AutoPcBackup Toolbar is another creation of Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc. which is categorized as a potentially undesirable application. From the moment it enters your computer, the program starts various suspicious activities. It will change your home page and default search engine in all your favorite browsers (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox) and you will not be able to regain your lost settings until you delete AutoPcBackup Toolbar from your computer.
In the following article, you will find more information about this toolbar and the instructions on how to get rid of AutoPcBackup Toolbar.
What does AutoPcBackup Toolbar do?
In its offcial website autopcbackup.com, this software is promoted as a useful tool which will ensure that your files have backups. According to the creators, you will be able to access your backup files easily and will also be able to restore them in case of an emergency. The toolbar provides a few quick access button like Backup Now, Restore, Open Drive, Image Editing, and Email and also presents an additional Ask.com search box.
Like all the other toolbars from this family, the software alters your home page and default search engine the moment it sneaks in. Instead of your regular website you will have to use Ask.com. While this page is legitimate and provides users with genuine search results, you should know that the links will be from sponsored third parties. Basically, you will see many promoted links and ads which can route you to suspicious or even malicious websites, if you click them. If such situation is not acceptable to you, delete AutoPcBackup Toolbar and recover your lost settings.
A lot of users download AutoPcBackup Toolbar directly from its official websites, however there are also many people who notice this application in their system after freeware installation. This means that the toolbar travels bundled with free programs from untrustworthy which often uses this method to monetize their free downloads. In order to avoid these entrances in the future, pay more attention to the installation process. Always choose Advanced or Custom installation option and read End User License Agreement. Make sure to deselect all the additional software disclosed in this document.
How to remove AutoPcBackup Toolbar?
In order to delete AutoPcBackup Toolbar from your system, you will need to choose between two options. If you prefer to do everything on your own, you will be happy to know that below this report, our research team presents step-by-step instructions on how to terminate AutoPcBackup Toolbar from your computer. However, you can also choose automatic AutoPcBackup Toolbar removal. This option has the advantage of ensuring that your computer will also be protected in the future. If you use a legitimate and powerful anti-spyware for AutoPcBackup Toolbar removal, the same computer security tool will stay in your PC to safeguard it.
Eliminate AutoPcBackup Toolbar
- Open the Charm menu.
- Select Settings.
- Access Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall AutoPcBackup Toolbar.
- Press Start button on the Taskbar.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove programs.
- Remove AutoPcBackup Toolbar.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Open Start menu.
- Tap Control Panel.
- Pick Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall AutoPcBackup Toolbar.
Erase AutoPcBackup Toolbar from your browsers
- Tap Ctrl+Shift+A and move to Extensions.
- Eliminate all suspicious extensions and leave the tab.
- Tap Alt+T and open Options.
- Access the General tab and change/delete the home page.
- Press OK and leave the menu.
- Choose the icon in the search box and select Manage Search engines.
- Uninstall the unwanted search tool and pick your new default search engine.
- Press OK.
- Press Alt+F and open Tools.
- Tap Extensions and remove the undesirable extensions.
- Select Settings and click Open a page or a set of pages.
- Choose Set pages, eliminate the current home page and pick a new one.
- Click OK and navigate to Manage Search Engines under search.
- Overwrite the search engine and click Done. Restart the browser.
- Click Alt+X and access Manage add-ons.
- In the Toolbars and Extensions, delete suspicious extensions.
- Press Search Providers, terminate the unwanted search tool and choose a new one.
- Save changes and close the window.
- Press Alt+X and go to Internet Options.
- Open the General tab and overwrite your home page. Click OK.