What is Bitable.com?
Bitable.com is an application classified as a browser hijacker. The program usually comes bundled with freeware and shareware, so it is entirely possible that you did not notice how it got installed. Once the hijacker enters your computer it changes your browser settings. It affects all of the browsers that you have installed, not just your default one. Browser hijackers do not improve your Internet surfing in any way so you should not expect to find any benefits to come with Bitable.com. The program will cause redirects, display ads and pop-ups and slow down your Internet speed. We recommend you delete Bitable.com as soon as you can.
How does Bitable.com work?
Like any other potentially unwanted program, Bitable.com is distributed using a deceptive method called bundling. The hijacker is attached to a freeware program and if you install it without checking the information in the installation wizard, like most computer users do, you allow the unwanted application to be installed as well. As additional applications are usually completely useless, we suggest you avoid installing them next time. All you need to do is choose Advanced installation and deselect the unwanted offers. That way you will be able to enjoy the program of your choice without having to deal with unnecessary software.
Once Bitable.com gets installed, it modifies your home page, default search engine and new tab page. You can not undo these changes until you get rid of Bitable.com. Although the search engine may seem normal, we would not recommend using it simply because you will not be provided with real results. Your search results will include sponsored links which may have nothing to do with the search at all. In-text ads, banners, pop-ups and other advertisements will fill your browsers as well. If some of these ads seem fake, that is because they are. Not all third party adverts can be trusted as some of them may lead you to corrupted sites that promote malware disguised as legitimate software. If you want to avoid malware infections and get rid of the commercial content that floods your browsers and slows down your Internet speed, you should terminate Bitable.com.
How to remove Bitable.com from my PC?
It may be rather complicated to manually remove Bitable.com from your computer for someone who has never dealt with similar issues before. However, if you follow the instructions below, you should be able to return to normal Web browsing. If, however, you want to save time and make sure that similar or more dangerous infections do not access your PC again, you should download a malware removal and prevention tool. The program can eliminate Bitable.com completely and get rid of other threats should there be any on your computer. Moreover, the security utility will also protect your system by shielding it from potentially unwanted programs and malware in the future. You will not have to worry about your computer safety while browsing the Web any longer.
Delete Bitable.com and the related software
- Open Start menu or press Win+C and click Settings
- Choose Control Panel
- Pick Add or remove programs or Uninstall a program
- Select the suspicious software and click Remove or Uninstall
Uninstall Bitable.com from browsers
- Click on the Gear icon and pick Manage add-ons
- In Toolbars and extensions delete suspicious add-ons
- In Search Providers remove Bitable.com
- Go back to the Gear icon and select Internet options
- Replace your home page
- Click on the menu and pick Options
- Change the home page on the General tab
- Press Shift+Ctrl+A and go to Extensions
- Erase unwanted extensions
- Click on the Search provider icon
- Select Manage search engines
- Delete Bitable.com
- Click on the menu and go to Settings
- Under Search click Manage search engines
- Terminate Bitable.com
- Under On startup click Set pages
- Change your home page and click OK
- Go to Extensions section right above Settings
- Get rid of unwanted add-ons