Cats and Catapults Toolbar Removal Tips
Cats and Catapults Toolbar is a browser plugin that allows you to access a game called Cats and Catapults in a single click. It was developed by Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc. This company has released a lot of similar programs like PuzzleGamesDaily Toolbar, DailyImageBoard Toolbar, BetterCareerSearch Toolbar and more. The official website of the application, free.catsandcatapults.com, provides you with a working download link.
If you acquire it from this page, you will install the toolbar and change your browser settings such as home page and default search provider. Unfortunately, the toolbar has also been known to come bundled with malicious software. We suggest that you delete Cats and Catapults Toolbar from your PC.
How does Cats and Catapults Toolbar work?
Computer users may be tempted to install Cats and Catapults Toolbar because it provides access to the game. In this game you can build your own castle, defend it against invading cat armies, challenge your friends and so on. The application is compatible with all popular browsers. If you download it yourself, you are also offered to switch your home page and default search engine to Ask.com. The toolbar will appear underneath the URL field and it will offer you quick access buttons to the game as well as some other associated sites. We do not recommend following these links as there is no way to know if they will lead you to safe and reliable webpages.
Another thing you should know about the toolbar is that it tracks your cookies in order to collect information about your web browsing activities. It is not likely to collect personally identifiable data, however, it can analyze your browsing history in order to present you with personalized ads. Ask Search that comes as a part of the deal is a trustworthy engine, but it will show you ads and sponsored links on the results page. If you are not comfortable with that, you can always eliminate Cats and Catapults Toolbar and Ask Search from your browsers.
How to remove Cats and Catapults Toolbar?
If you want to get rid of Cats and Catapults Toolbar, you will have to uninstall it via Control Panel. However, keep in mind that that will only remove it from Internet Explorer. You will have to delete Cats and Catapults Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome manually. Also, if your browser settings have been modified by Ask.com, you will have to restore them as well. All of this can be done automatically if you implement a malware removal tool. The anti-malware will uninstall Cats and Catapults Toolbar as well as other infections that you may have in your system.
Cats and Catapults Toolbar Removal
1) Delete Cats and Catapults Toolbar from Windows
- Start → Control Panel → Add or remove programs → Cats and Catapults Toolbar → Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a program → Cats and Catapults Toolbar → Uninstall
- Win+Q → Control Panel → Uninstall a program → Cats and Catapults Toolbar → Uninstall
2) Terminate Cats and Catapults Toolbar from browsers
- Menu → Add-ons → Extensions → Cats and Catapults Toolbar → Remove
- Menu → Tools → Extensions → Cats and Catapults Toolbar → Trash can icon → Remove
3) Restore your home page and search engine (if necessary)
- Modify your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options → General tab
- Choose a new search engine: Gear icon → Manage add-ons → Search Providers
- Change your home page: Firefox menu → Options → General tab
- Replace your default search engine: Firefox menu → Options → Search tab
- Overwrite your home page: Chrome menu → Settings → On Startup → Set pages
- Switch your search provider: Chrome menu → Settings → Search → Manage Search engines