Community Toolbar Removal Instructions
Some Toolbars that you install onto your system may become very troublesome and this one is no exception. It was developed by Conduit and it can affect all your favorite browsers, including Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome. It promises to enrich your browsing experience and indeed, it does help you personalize Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and some other accounts.
However, despite the fact that it looks very promising and useful, many users ask to help them remove Community Toolbar from their computers. In this article we will explain why the disadvantages of this program outweighs the advantages and how to eliminate Community Toolbar.
What does Community Toolbar do?
If you do not monitor installation process, Community Toolbar changes your home page and your default search engine. From that moment until the Community Toolbar removal, the add-on controls your search results. It adds links to sponsored websites or simply redirects you to them. This can be very dangerous, since you can be exposed to malicious third parties and we do not need to say just how important is to avoid corrupted pages. If you enter an infected website managed by cyber criminal, chances are that you yourself will be quickly infected. Serious malware infection can threaten your personal information like passwords, user names, and financial data. To protect yourself, we suggest to delete Community Toolbar.
Besides the redirection and altered search results, the Toolbar may also display countless advertisements, pop-ups, in-text ads, in every new window you open. These ads can route you to pages just as dangerous as the ones you encounter during the redirection. You should not forget, that the Community Toolbar does not check the contents of the provided links, thus you should be very cautions when clicking them.
Other than that, the Community Toolbar lets you choose the functions according to your needs. You are also presented with YouTube button which allows you to perform searches without leaving the page you are surfing, the radio, and so on. However, we still advise you to terminate Community Toolbar.
How does Community Toolbar enter your computer?
The main reason this Toolbar is considered to be an unwanted application is the distribution method it uses. Community Toolbar often travels together with freeware and the users have to be very attentive during the installation process, if they want to notice the exact moment it enters. Since the users rarely follow the download, the sudden appearance of this application is a surprise. These kind of surprises show that you need to choose Advanced or Custom option and to follow every step of the process.
How to remove Community Toolbar?
We recommend to terminate Community Toolbar from your computer. You should never trust a program that enters without permission and this Toolbar is definitely not worth the risk of infection. Below this article we prepared the instructions on how to erase Community Toolbar.
Delete Community Toolbar
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Click Start and choose Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and uninstall Community Toolbar.
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove programs and remove Community Toolbar.
- Right-click in the Metro UI and choose All apps.
- Go to Control Panel and click Uninstall a program.
- Find and uninstall Community Toolbar.
Uninstall Community Toolbar from your browsers
- Press Alt+T and and go to Toolbars and Extensions.
- Find Community Toolbar and uninstall it.
- Click Search providers and remove the undesirable search provider.
- Press Alt+T again and select Internet Options.
- Under the General tab, choose a new home page and delete the unwanted one.
- Click OK.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously and go to Extensions.
- Find and remove Community Toolbar. Leave the tab.
- Press Firefox button and choose Options.
- Delete Community Toolbar from home page sections and choose a new home page.
- Save the changes and exit the menu.
- Click the Search bar and click F4.
choose Manage Search Engines and set a new default search engine and remove the current one.
- Save the changes.
- Press Alt+F and choose Tools.
- Go to Extensions and delete Community Toolbar by clicking the trash icon.
- Move to Settings and check Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Choose Set pages (under On startup) and delete Community Toolbar.
- Choose a new home page.
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines.
- Delete the unwanted search engine and choose a new one as default.