Crime Watcher Toolbar Removal Guide
Crime Watcher Toolbar is a browser hijacker that promises the user to enrich his browsing experience by informing him about the latest crimes in the area. However, whatever advantages it offers, they all fall short when compared to disadvantages and the danger it brings to the user’s system. It usually enters your PC without permission. You should look at every program that needs secrecy to enter your PC with a great deal of caution. Read the following article and we will explain why it is recommended to remove Crime Watcher Toolbar as soon as you become aware of its existence.
What does Crime Watcher Toolbar do?
If Crime Watcher Toolbar gets installed in your computer it immediately starts changing your browser settings. This hijacker affects all main browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome). Your home page gets changed into Home.tb.ask.com and you default search engine is changed into Search.tb.ask.com. It may also insert a new toolbar into every browser. All these changes are done without your permission and may be impossible to undo before you get rid of Crime Watcher Toolbar.
The hijacker usually enters your PC bundled with freeware. It often comes from suspicious websites. We recommend to avoid such pages, however if you still decided to download something from such a source, at least protect your computer from a possible infection. Read the End-User’s License Agreement very carefully and deselect boxes that informs about additional applications. Such pages are often managed by cyber criminals that will use every opportunity to infect your computer with malware.
The annoying ads presented by Crime Watcher Toolbar are also often created by untrustworthy sources. The goal of this toolbar is to increase traffic to these websites thus topping their ranking and earning more money. If you follow the provided link or accidentally click in the provided pop-up, it is likely that you will end up in an infected site which will in turn infect your PC with malware.
You probably noticed that the presented ads seem to correspond very well with your latest searches. That is because this hijacker collects information about your browsing habits. It can find out your preferred pages, your latest search queries, etc. It allows third parties, which can be cyber criminals, to collect data as well. Their goal may be your financial information, passwords or user names. If you want to protect your information you need to delete Crime Watcher Toolbar.
How to remove Crime Watcher Toolbar?
It is obvious that this hijacker is of no use to your system and is in fact quite dangerous. You should uninstall Crime Watcher Toolbar as soon as possible. Follow step by step instructions on how to erase Crime Watcher Toolbar – provided below this article. After the Crime Watcher Toolbar removal, do not forget to check your system with a legitimate antimalware.
Delete Crime Watcher Toolbar
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Choose Add or Remove Programs and remove the unwanted application.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Click Start and select Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and uninstall the unwanted program.
- Go to the bottom right corner of the screen and choose Settings.
- Move to Control Panel and select Uninstall a program.
- Find the unwanted program and uninstall it.
Terminate Crime Watcher Toolbar from your browsers
- Launch IE and go to gear icon (top right corner).
- Choose Manage Add-ons and find Crime Watcher Toolbar.
- Disable it by clicking Disable.
- Open gear icon again and choose Internet options.
- Move to Advanced tab and select Reset.
- Mark Delete personal settings and click Reset again.
- Launch Mozilla Firefox and open menu (top right corner).
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions.
- Find Crime Watcher Toolbar and click Remove.
- Open menu again and click Question mark.
- Choose Troubleshooting Information and click Reset Firefox.
- Click Reset Firefox again.
- Launch Google Chrome and open menu icon (top right corner).
- Choose Tools and move to Extensions.
- Find Crime Watcher Toolbar and delete it.
- Click menu icon again and choose Settings.
- Click Reset browser settings and click Reset.