DailyLocalGuide Toolbar Removal Instructions
DailyLocalGuide Toolbar is a browser plugin that was created by Mindspark Interactive Network Ltd. It has an official website at dailylocalguide.com where the application is described as a toolbar that will allow you to access online classifieds, discover local deals and services, find local events and so on. The program is compatible with all popular web browsers.
It is powered by Ask, so when you install it, you are also offered to replace your home page and default search provider. You do not have to agree to that. The reason you may want to uninstall DailyLocalGuide Toolbar is because it has been known to come bundled with malicious software.
How does DailyLocalGuide Toolbar work?
If you choose to install DailyLocalGuide Toolbar onto your PC, it will appear in your browser. The toolbar contains a search box and such quick access buttons as DailyLocalGuide, Craiglist, Local Classifieds, Local Deals and Find Local Events. The search box presents results generated by Ask Search. The same engine becomes your default one and your home page is switched to home.tb.ask.com, if you did not decline this offer during installation. The search results presented to you may include ads and sponsored links.
DailyLocalGuide Toolbar may redirect you to its associated pages in order to increase their traffic. The links that it provides you with may not be safe. You may not want to take such risks, especially since it is possible to infect your PC by simply entering a corrupted site. Moreover, the toolbar is also capable of tracking your cookies and using the collected information to customize the adverts and sponsored links. The gathered data could also be sold to third parties. Although the application can not cause any damage to your computer directly, it does lower your online security level. We recommend you delete DailyLocalGuide Toolbar from your PC.
How to remove DailyLocalGuide Toolbar?
There are a few tasks you will have to complete in order to get rid of DailyLocalGuide Toolbar manually. First of all, you will have to delete it via Control Panel. This, however, will only eliminate DailyLocalGuide Toolbar from IE. In Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome, you will have to erase DailyLocalGuide Toolbar yourself. If you also want to go back to using your regular search tools instead of Ask Search, you will have to reset your browsers. Full instructions on how to terminate DailyLocalGuide Toolbar are presented below. As an alternative to manual removal, you can download an anti-malware utility and use it to delete DailyLocalGuide Toolbar automatically.
DailyLocalGuide Toolbar Removal
1) Uninstall DailyLocalGuide Toolbar from Windows
- Win+R → input Control → OK → Uninstall a program → DailyLocalGuide Toolbar → Uninstall
Windows 7 and Vista
- Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a program → DailyLocalGuide Toolbar → Uninstall
- Start → Control Panel → Add or remove programs → DailyLocalGuide Toolbar → Remove
2) Delete DailyLocalGuide Toolbar
- Firefox menu → Add-ons → Extensions → DailyLocalGuide Toolbar → Remove
- Chrome menu → Tools → Extensions → DailyLocalGuide Toolbar → Trash can icon → Remove
3) Reset your browsers (if necessary)
- Alt+F → Settings → Show Advanced Settings → Reset settings → Reset
- Alt+T → Internet Options → Advanced tab → Reset → Delete personal settings → Reset
- Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information → Refresh Firefox → Refresh Firefox