Decrypt.exe Removal Guide
Decrypt.exe is an executable file that belongs to a dangerous ransomware virus which must have infiltrated your system. Once the rogue enters your PC, it will encrypt your files and demand payment for the decryption. The malware can affect photos, documents, videos, etc. This course of action makes the intruder similar to such infections like Homeland Security Virus, FBI Virus, ICE Cyber Crime Center Virus, and some others.
All these viruses, including the one which at the moment is in your computer, are dangerous and we urge you to read this article in order to find out how to terminate Decrypt.exe.
What does Decrypt.exe do?
The minute this malicious software enters your system, it starts malignant activities. The intruder encrypts the user’s files using the RC6 encryption. After this process is complete, you will see HTML extension at the end of the affected files. The users who attempt to open these files report that they were routed to xblblock.com website and presented with the image of “Decrypt Protect [MBL Advisory]”. Here, the user is informed that if she or he wishes to recover their encrypted data, they mus pay the ransom of 100GBP using PaySafeCard voucher or MoneyPak. Afterwards, the user is supposed to receive the decryption key which will allow to regain the lost information. Unfortunately, we must warn you that even if you pay the required amount of money, chances that you will recover your data are very slim. Do no forget that you are dealing with cyber criminals that attacked your computer. Most likely after giving away your savings directly to hackers, you will be left with infected computer and encrypted files. We advise to keep your money to yourself, delete Decrypt.exe, and to look for other ways to recover the lost information.
There are many ways in which you may get infected with Decrypt.exe. We advise to be very careful with spam email attachments. Try not to open them, because very often they may get your system infected with viruses, Trojans, worms, etc. Also, stay away from the unknown ads presented to you in the suspicious websites. You need to learn to be more attentive during free of charge software installations too, since such applications may travel bundled with malware. All in all, you should be more cautious while surfing the Web. Additionally, you should purchase a reputable anti-malware. A legitimate computer security software will not only remove Decrypt.exe, but also will protect your system in the future.
How to remove Decrypt.exe?
We do not recommend to perform Decrypt.exe removal on your own. This virus is quite complicated and dangerous which means that even the smallest mistake can have terrible consequences. Instead, you should install an authentic anti-malware and use it to eliminate Decrypt.exe. After Decrypt.exe removal, a powerful malware removal application will also safeguard your PC from other threats.
Delete Decrypt.exe fromWindows 8
- Restart your computer and click Shift+F8 (once it begins to load).
- Tap See Advanced Repair Options and go to Troubleshoot.
- Select Advanced Options and open Start Settings.
- Reboot your PC once more and choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download a trustworthy anti-malware.
Erase Decrypt.exe from Windows 7 & Windows Vista
- Restart your system and start tapping F8 when Bios screen loads up.
- Tap Safe Mode with Networking and click Enter.
- Launch your preferred browser and download the malware remover that you trust.
Uninstall Decrypt.exe from Windows XP
- Reboot the system and start tapping F8 when Bios screen disappears.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking and tap Enter.
- Press YES and access Start menu.
- Choose Run and type in ‘msconfig’. Click OK.
- In the Startup tab, mark Disable All and press OK.
- Restart your PC and launch your favorite browser.
- Download the reliable anti-malware.