What is that DictionaryBoss Toolbar?
DictionaryBoss Toolbar is a browser add-on which is developed by Mindspark Interactive Network company and can be downloaded from its official site download.dictionaryboss.com. According to it, the plugin is created in order to facilitate access to the admitted services of online dictionary. If you are Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer user, you can easily download this add-on from the official site. Nonetheless, think twice before doing this as this can results in more computer issues. The thing is that DictionaryBoss Toolbar is very tricky and when its installation process proceeds, it tries to infiltrate the additional software to the user’s operating system. Hence, be very attentive during the installation process because you can miss the moment Ask web search applications will be also added to the system automatically.
If you won’t follow the process, your default home page and search provider will be modified without your knowledge. If this happens, you will be often shown distrustful search engine and provided with the false search results. If this situation is similar to you and you recognize yourself as the victim of this plugin, follow the passages below on how to remove DictionaryBoss Toolbar and all the files related to it.
Can I trust DictionaryBoss Toolbar?
DictionaryBoss Toolbar as well as MindDabble, Vacation Xplorer and Cursor Mania Toolbar, is known to have been created by the same company. These add-ons are used to secretly infiltrate already mentioned additional Ask search applications into the user’s system. To tell the truth, DictionaryBoss Toolbar is not so malignant itself and cannot be compared to some kind of extremely hazardous viruses. Users may even get benefits from it as the links provided by this toolbar can help detecting the spelling mistakes or can help translating the text.
Hence, it is possible to find users that are not eager to remove DictionaryBoss Toolbar out of the system. On the other hand, the users have to carefully use the links provided and even more, the search box which is given on the toolbar. If you rely on it, you may be redirected to search.tb.ask.com site which shouldn’t be used as the search provider. As you see, you better look for the information regarding DictionaryBoss Toolbar removal. Everything you need is given below.
How to remove DictionaryBoss Toolbar?
Truly, you are suggested to erase DictionaryBoss Toolbar, but if you want to keep it for some time because of the services it offers, you can, but you still must remove the additional software it infiltrates – especiallyAsk search applications. For this, you can use the tips provided below.
Remove DictionaryBoss Toolbar from computer
- Step 1: By pressing Windows key, navigate to Metro UI window.
- Step 2: Press twice on the background → go to All apps.
- Step 3: Then to Control Panel → Uninstall a program.
- Step 4: Make a right click on the unneeded program → choose Uninstall.
Windows Vista/Windows 7
- Step 1: Start menu → Control Panel.
- Step 2: Navigate to Uninstall a program → Press twice on the application you want to be deleted.
- Step 3: Choose Uninstall.
- Step 1: Start → Control Panel.
- Step 2: Press twice on Add or Remove Programs.
- Step 3: Remove the unnecessary program.
Remove DictionaryBoss Toolbar from Browsers
- Step 1: Mozilla Firefox → use Alt+T.
- Step 2: Options → General tab.
- Step 3: Remove the home page → press on OK.
- Step 4: Right side of the page → find search box → choose search provider icon.
- Step 5: Manage Search Engines → Remove the unnecessary search engine → Choose OK.
- Step 1: Go to IE → use Alt+T.
- Step 2:Manage Add-ons → Search Providers.
- Step 3: Remove the unnecessary search engine → press on Close.
- Step 4: Use Alt+T → choose Internet Options.
- Step 5: General tab → Remove the home page → OK.
For the future security of your Windows operating system, you have to adopt trustful anti-malware software. You are advised to download and install SpyHunter which can perform a full system scan, detect the dangerous threats and remove it once and for all, so your system will be always safe.