Do-Search.com Removal Instructions – How to remove Do-Search.com?
Has the home page of your web browser been changed to Do-Search.com? Is this suspicious website has been set as the default search page? Most importantly – have you modified browser settings and the annoying changes were restored again? This is because the seemingly reliable search engine is actually a malicious browser hijacker which may corrupt Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer browsers without your authorization or knowledge. If you do not remove start.Do-Search.com from your personal system there is a possibility that soon enough your PC will be infected with other clandestine threats. Is this what you want?
How does Do-Search.com Act?
Malware proliferation is one of the most complicated tasks for cyber criminals; however, they are greatly experienced and know various different tricks to drop the threat onto your personal computer. Without a doubt, they cannot breach reliable security safeguards but if the system is not protected by authentic malware detection and removal tools, you are in danger whenever browsing the web. Clicking on a link within a spam email attachment could be enough for cyber crooks to infiltrate a browser hijacker onto the PC without your notice. Overall, if you have discovered start.Do-Search.com to be set as your start page or search provider, there is no doubt that schemer have used one trick or another.
Why you need to remove Do-Search.com?
Even though it may seem as if you have no other option but to use start.Do-Search.com as your main web search engine, you certainly should not feel that way. The provided links to Facebook, Twitter, MSN or Amazon are authentic; however, the search results are filtered. You should not click on advertisement-supported search results because they may route you to misleading and unreliable websites. It is also important that you do not click on the advertisements presented just below the start.Do-Search.com search box. These could help unreliable parties to drop spying cookies onto your browsers.
How to remove Do-Search.com?
Do you want to delete start.Do-Search.com? Then you need to modify the Properties of all existing browser shortcuts. Note that the hijacker can affect all existing browsers and all of their shortcuts, which is why you need to be thorough with the presented instructions. As you can understand already, the website developed by Taiwan Shui Mu Chih Ching Technology Ltd is not reliable, and your PC could have already been exposed to malicious infections. Therefore, we advise that you also install automatic malware removal software as soon as possible.
Step 1: change browser Properties
- Right-click on the shortcut of your web browser and select Properties.
- Click the Shortcut tab and locate the Target.
- Remove the text after iexplore.exe”/firefox.exe”/chrome.exe” and click OK.
Step 2: delete undesirable search tools
Delete from Internet Explorer:
- Open the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+T and select Manage Add-ons.
- Go to Search Providers and Remove the undesirable option.
- Click Close and tap keys Alt+T once again.
- Select Internet Options and click General tab.
- Overwrite/remove the Home Page and click OK.
Delete from Mozilla Firefox:
- Launch the browser, find the search box and click the search provider icon.
- Select Manage Search Engines and Remove the undesirable option.
- Click OK and simultaneously tap keys Alt+T.
- Select Options and click the General tab.
- Change/remove the displayed Home Page URL and click OK.
Delete from Google Chrome:
- Open Chrome, simultaneously tap Alt+F and select Settings.
- Move to On Startup and select Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Click Set pages and remove/change and the undesirable option. Click OK.
- Under Appearance mark Show Home button and click Change.
- Overwrite/remove the displayed default URL and click OK.
- Locate Search and click Manage search engines.
- Click X on the URL of an undesirable search engine to remove it and click Done.