What is dosearches?
If your default home page suddenly got changed to dosearches.com, you should not panic. It is not a sign of a dangerous virus or a Trojan infection. You have merely been affected by a browser hijacker and this problem can be solved a lot easier than you think. As you can already tell, when you get infected with this browser hijacker your default home page and search engine are changed to dosearches.com. The reason why the website is associated with browser hijacker is because you are not asked and are not informed about the oncoming modifications. Either way, it is important to remove dosearches.com from your browser immediately, because it may be indirectly responsible for malware infection.
How dosearches.com act?
One of the most problematic aspects of this infection is the fact that dosearches.com is often bundled with freeware and shareware program. If you download a shareware game or any other free application from third party website, you should scan the installer file with your antivirus program, or simply read the installation steps carefully. Since dosearches.com is a browser hijacker, you may probably not be informed about this piece of software, but the fact remains that you can avoid a lot of undesirable modifications and installations if you are attentive during the setup of a new program.
DId I need to remove dosearches?
Once the browser hijacker gets into your computer it changes your home page and search engine. The website itself looks like a decent search engine, and it has shortcuts to eBay, Amazon, games.337 and 9hoho (which is similar to 9gag). However, if you were to try and use the search engine, you would see that dosearches.com makes use of a customized Yahoo search. In other words, the browser hijacker’s functionality as search engine is completely fake, and it simply wants to trick you into thinking that there is nothing wrong.
Nevertheless, there is a lot of troubling things about dosearches.com. For one, this browser hijacker may track your browsing habits in order to direct a particular flow of commercial ads towards you. Even though it is a common practice among all search engines, with dosearches.com this information could be leaked to a third party, and in the long run you could be exposed to malicious content, hidden behind outgoing links on pop-up ads. To protect yourself from these infections, you need to remove dosearches.com right now.
How to remove dosearches.com
- Right-click your browser’s shortcut. Choose Properties. Go to Shortcut tab and navigate to Target line. There should be only your browser’s directory in the Target line: Internet Explorer – C:Program FilesInternet Exploreriexplore.exe Mozilla Firefox – C:Program FilesMozilla Firefoxfirefox.exe Google Chrome – C:Program FilesGoogleChromeApplicationchrome.exe
- Delete any text after the one posted above. Click OK.
Reset my browser
- Press Alt+X and click Internet options.
- Click Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Select Delete personal settings and click Reset again.
- Click Close when the reset is complete.
- Press Firefox button and navigate to Help.
- Click Troubleshooting information and click Reset Firefox.
- Click Reset Firefox on a dialog box.
- When the reset is complete, click Finish.
- Press Alt+F and click Settings.
- Under On Startup mark Open a specific page or set of pages and click Set pages.
- Remove dosearches.com and enter a new home page address. Click OK.
- Select Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine and remove dosearches.com. Click Done.
Since this browser hijacker is a malicious infection, it is very likely that you could be infected with other dangerous threats as well. For that, you should scan your PC with SpyHunter free scanner which would determine whether you have other dangerous programs to remove or not. Do all it takes to safeguard your system.