DownShotFree Toolbar Removal Instructions
DownShotFree Toolbar is yet another creation of a well known Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc. In its official website downshotfree.com, the toolbar is promoted as an application which is supposed to simplify the action of taking screenshots for the user. However, like all the toolbars from Mindspark toolbar family, it is untrustworthy.
The first time you attempt to perform a search after the installation of this software, you will notice the changed home page and default search engine in all major browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer). We advise to read the following article so that you could decide, if you wish to delete DownShotFree Toolbar from your system.
What does DownShotFree Toolbar do?
After the toolbar is installed, it will present Ask.com as your default search engine. While you do not have to be afraid of this engine, since it is not malicious, you should not trust it either. Ask.com is known as a website which presents users with sponsored links and ads. Unfortunately, the promoted parties are completely unknown and thus, should not be trusted. This basically means that as long as you will be using the search tool provided by DownShotFree Toolbar, your PC will be at risk. We suggest you to consider, if the services provided by this software are worth the risk of getting infected with malware. If not, remove DownShotFree Toolbar.
How did DownShotFree Toolbar enter your computer?
While it is possible to acquire DownShotFree Toolbar from its official site, in many cases users find it in their systems without ever agreeing to download it. This indicates that the application travels using a deceptive marketing method called ‘bundling’. If that is what happened to you, you probably acquired the toolbar during your latest freeware installation. This distribution method is used very often by pottetnially unwanted programs, because everyone knows that users rarely if ever follow the installation process. In the future, if you wish to stop similar software form slithering into your PC, we recommend to choose Advanced or Custom installation option instead of Typical or Quick. Follow every step of the installation wizard and carefully read End User License Agreement. This is especially important, considering the fact that the toolbar was noticed traveling together with malicious software.
How to remove DownShotFree Toolbar?
Below this article, you will find detailed instructions on how to terminate DownShotFree Toolbar. If you follow them, you should be able to get rid of DownShotFree Toolbar without too much trouble. However, you must not forget the fact that you may have more than one unwanted software in your PC. Because of that, we suggest to purchase a legitimate computer security software and let it eliminate DownShotFree Toolbar for you. After DownShotFree Toolbar removal, the same anti-spyware can also be used to clean your PC from all the other suspicious applications.
Delete DownShotFree Toolbar
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Press Start button and go to Control Panel.
- Pick Uninstall a program and uninstall DownShotFree Toolbar.
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Navigate to Add or Remove programs and delete unwanted software.
- Press Windows key + R and type in Control Panel.
- Tap Enter and go to Uninstall a program.
- Locate and uninstall suspicious toolbar.
Erase DownShotFree Toolbar from your browsers
- Press the Gear icon and pick Internet Options.
- Delete your current home page and choose another one (in the General tab).
- Click the Gear icon again and access Manage Add-ons.
- Go to Toolbars and Extensions and delete unwanted add-ons.
- In Search Providers, overwrite your search engine.
- Open the menu and select Options.
- Go to General tab and replace your current home page with a new one.
- In the Search tab, remove/change your search provider.
- Press the menu again to access Add-ons.
- Delete undesirable extensions.
- Press the menu icon and select Settings.
- Tap Set pages and set your new home page instead of the old one.
- Under Search, choose Manage search engines and overwrite the search tool.
- Navigate to Extensions and remove useless add-ons.