Dp-search.com Removal Instructions
Dp-search.com is a browser hijacker compatible with Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. Just like any other application categorized as a hijacker, it enters your computer in a clandestine manner and cannot be trusted.
The only goal of this intruder is to promote the interests of the third parties and earn revenue. You should not let an application that so clearly works for the suspicious and unknown third parties stay in your system. Our advise would be to eliminate Dp-search.com from your computer, before it manages to create serious problems.
What does Dp-search.com do?
It will not take long for you to notice that this intruder infiltrated your system. First of all, you will see the altered browsers’ settings. This hijacker changes your home page and default search engine as soon as it infiltrates your system. Also, you probably will not be able to undo these changes, since the sneaky application can install few registries or even install itself on Windows startup. If that is the case, you should employ an authentic computer security software and let it delete Dp-search.com for you.
If you fail to take care of Dp-search.com removal, you should be prepared for the unpleasant consequences. First of all, you will not be able to use a provided search engine, because the results will be untrustworthy. You will see numerous sponsored links and advertisements next to your search results. Even though you will most likely soon get really annoyed with the constant pop-ups, banners, etc., at first, the ads may seem quite interesting and attractive. Let us inform you that the tempting advertisements are the result of tracking this hijacker starts as soon as it enters your system. It records your online activities like clicks, browsing history or search queries and uses this information to personalize the ads.
However, no matter how tempting the ads may look, you should stay away from them. It is possible that the hijacker is promoting products or websites of the malicious third parties. The application certainly does not check the ads or the pages to which you will be directed after clicking the ads. You should be aware that this kind of software is very often exploited by cyber criminals and thus the possibility to get infected with malware while this hijacker resides inside your computer is very big.
How to remove Dp-search.com?
Dp-search.com removal is not easy. The best solution would be to buy an up-to-date anti-spyware and use it to delete Dp-search.com. If you would rather perform manual Dp-search.com removal, you should follow the instructions displayed below. Either way, do not tarry any longer and clean your PC.
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Choose Add or Remove programs and remove Dp-search.com.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- In the Start menu, click Control Panel.
- Access Uninstall a program and erase Dp-search.com.
- Move the cursor to the bottom right corner of the desktop.
- In the Charm bar choose Settings and tap Control Panel.
- Open Uninstall a program and uninstall Dp-search.com.
Terminate Dp-search.com from your browsers
- Together press Ctrl+Shift+A and click Extensions.
- Remove all suspicious extensions and leave the tab.
- Choose Alt+T and go to Options.
- Select the General tab and change the current home page with your preferred one.
- Tap OK and close the menu.
- Choose the icon in the search box and click Manage Search engines.
- Remove the unwanted search engine and choose a new default search engine.
- Click OK.
- Press Alt+F and open Tools.
- Click Extensions and delete the unwanted extensions from the list.
- Tap Settings and choose Open a page or a set of pages under On startup.
- Choose Set pages, remove the current home page and choose a new one.
- Click OK and go to Manage Search Engines under search.
- Remove the current search engine and select a new one.
- Choose Done and restart this browser.
- Press Alt+X and open Manage add-ons.
- In the Toolbars and Extensions, delete all unknown extensions.
- Click Search Providers, remove the unwanted search engine and select a new one.
- Save changes and close the window.
- Press Alt+X and go to Internet Options.
- In the General tab, remove your current home page and choose a new one.
- Tap OK.