DropDownDeals is a browser extension which offers you virtual Coupons, Daily Deals, Local Deals and Free Shipping services. This is how the product is promoted in its official website DropDownDeals.com. Unfortunately, many extension users have reported the application completely useless and even impossible to remove. This is what suggests that you may need to delete Drop Down Deals, since its activity within your computer is highly questionable. Please continue reading to learn more about this potentially dangerous application.
Notice: DropDownDeals extension is not related to virus or malware infections, if you feel that this plug-in was installed without your consent this means that it was installed together with some freeware that you have downloaded from the Internet.
The program is dropped onto the computer as Yontoo Layers, the platform which is also responsible for CouponDropDown and similar programs promoting virtual deals. As previous experience shows, you should not trust the application and click on pop-up ads or virtual coupons presented. If schemers hijacked the extension, this could be used to forward you to misguiding websites, trick you into installing fake security tools or pay money for completely fictitious services. Do you want to be tricked by schemers? We are sure you do not want this, which is why it is important to remove DropDownDeals.
Automatic removal is the most reliable solution if you want to have DropDownDeals, or Drop Down Deals, deleted timely and effectively. In case you notice secondary infections running, this option is the most suitable, especially since it can also guarantee computer protection in the future. Nonetheless, if you are more experienced and have skills with manual removal, you can follow removal guides presented below. If you feel that some of your questions have been unanswered, please post your queries in the comment box below.
“Drop Down Deals” Ads – Adware Removal Instructions
STEP 1 : Uninstall ”DropDownDeals” from your computer
- Click on Start and launch Control Panel. If you run Windows XP, click on Add or Remove Programs, and if you run Windows Vista or Windows 7 – click on Uninstall a program.
- Remove items related to Yontoo Layers.
- In case you are prompted with a new window after uninstalling Yontoo Layers, check “Click this option to completely remove Yontoo” and apply the selection.
STEP 2 : Remove the “DropDownDeals” from your browsers
Remove “Drop Down Deals” from Internet Explorer
- Navigate to the IE menu and click on Tools.
- Select Manage Add-ons and click on Enable or Disable Add-ons.
- Find Show and click Downloaded ActiveX Controls within a drop-down menu.
- Highlight the Yontoo Layers and hit More Information.
- Remove the extension from your computer.
Remove “Drop Down Deals” from Mozilla Firefox
- Navigate to the menu and click Tools.
- Select Add-ons and go to the Add-ons Manager opened in a new tab.
- Choose Extensions (right hand-side).
- Remove all items related to Yontoo Layers.
Remove “Drop Down Deals” from Google Chrome
- Locate the three bar icon on the right side of your browser and click on it.
- Click on Tools.
- Click Extensions to find and delete unwanted items.
- Find and remove Yontoo Layers.
STEP 3: Remove “Drop Down Deals” registry keys and run a computer scan with Spyhunter
- You can Spyhunter from the link below ,then double click on it to install this software
Spyhunter ANTI-MALWARE DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will open a download page in a new window from where you can download Spyhunter)
- When the installation begins, keep following the prompts in order to continue with the setup process.