What is Eazel?
Quite often computer applications of questionable nature make use of legitimate names. Eazel is a potentially unwanted program, but its name comes from Eazel Technologies, which is a software development company situated in India. It provides internet security software, but it has nothing to do with Eazel, because the hijacker itself belongs to the ever growing “team” of Conduit. Due to potential security risks posed by this hijacker, you are strongly advised to remove Eazel from your browser and computer, in order to avoid possible safety issues.
How does Eazel enter my PC?
You will probably notice that Eazel is often considered a browser hijacker, because it changes your default home page and search engine to search.conduit.com or en.eazel.com. But that does not mean this extension is a browser hijacker. A browser hijacker enters computer system surreptitiously, while Eazel asks for your permission to be installed. It also does not matter where you download the toolbar from – the official website at ourtoolbar.com, or some other third party web page. It is possible for Eazel to arrive bundled with other browser extensions, but you will definitely notice a notification asking you to set search.conduit.com as your default home page. Therefore, be attentive during freeware installation process in order to avoid potentially unwanted applications on your PC and your browser. If you already have the unwanted item which was presented – get rid of it. Delete Eazel once and for all.
How does Eazel.com operate?
Once Eazel gets installed, it appears on your default browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome) and you can see various shortcuts on it – search box, Twitter, Facebook, weather shortcuts, and even internet radio widget. Actually, Eazel does perform the function is boasts of, but the reliability of the service is highly questionable. After all, it comes with additional programs such as TuneUp Utilities 2013 you do not even need, so it is rather suspicious that an absolutely safe and reliable program would be so eager to push you into installing random applications.
How to remove Eazel.com?
The problem with Eazel is that it may collect information on your web browsing, and then display relevant commercial advertisements. It is also very likely that Eazel could get exploited in a malicious scam to infect your PC with dangerous threats. Therefore, you should follow the instructions below and remove Eazel from your computer, before any of that happens.
Manual Eazel Removal
How to delete Eazel.com from Windows 8
- Move mouse cursor to the bottom right of the screen.
- Click Settings and go to Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and remove Eazel with Search Protect by Conduit.
How to get rid of Eazel from Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and uninstall Eazel with Search Protect by conduit.
How to delete Eazel from Windows XP
- Open Start menu and go to Control Panel.
- Select Add or remove programs and uninstall Eazel Toolbar with Search Protect by conduit.
In case your browser settings are not restored after manual Eazel Toolbar removal, then do the following:
How to erase Eazel from browser?
How to remove Eazel from Internet Explorer
- Press Alt+X and click Internet options.
- Click Use Default button under General tab and press OK.
- Press Alt+X again and click Manage add-ons.
- Click Search providers on the left.
- Set a new default search engine and remove Eazel toolbar.
How to remove Eazel.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Press Firefox button and click Options.
- Change home page address under General tab and click OK.
- Click the search engine icon on the left of Firefox search box.
- Select Manage search engines.
- Remove Eazel toolbar and press OK.
How to delete Eazel from Google Chrome
- Press Alt+F and click Settings.
- Select Open a specific page or set of pages under On Startup. Click Set pages.
- Change your home page and click OK.
- Press Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine and remove Eazel toolbar. Press Done.
Eventually, you should also scan your PC with SpyHunter free scanner, because you can never know what other potentially dangerous programs are installed on your PC. Invest in a powerful antimalware tool if necessary and protect your PC from harm.