What is Five-pin.com?
Five-pin.com is a harmful website that can access your computer without your authorization. If you see various banners, pop-ups and other useless data in your browsers it means that your PC is infected with a potentially unwanted program. PUPs are usually compatible with all popular browsers so you will notice the adverts regardless of which one of them you use.
No matter what is advertised you should not click on any of the links that are provided by the application. Otherwise you could infect your system with malware. You should delete Five-pin.com related software as soon as you can.
How does Five-pin.com work?
Five-pin.com usually comes bundled with freeware or shareware. As the computer users rarely check all information provided in the installation wizard and often rush through it, potentially unwanted programs gain access to the system unnoticed. That is why you should be especially careful when you download software from unofficial sources and always choose Advanced or Custom Installation instead of the regular one. If you do, you will be able to deselect all additional applications and install only what you need.
Once in the system, Five-pin.com may change your home page, add various extensions to your browsers and modify other browser settings. The application will also display various ads and sponsored links that will soon slow down your Internet speed. Moreover, the program may display fake alerts claiming that your PC is infected with malware and you should download some program in order to fix it. As it has already been mentioned, you should not trust any information that comes from this domain. What you should do is get rid of Five-pin.com.
How to remove Five-pin.com from my PC?
In order to terminate Five-pin.com manually you will have to complete a few tasks. First of all, you need to determine which program it came bundled with. That program should be deleted. You can uninstall Five-pin.com related software manually or you can use an anti-malware tool that will do it for you. If you use the malware remover you will also be able to scan your PC for other threats and keep it protected in the future. The second task is resetting your browsers back to normal and editing your shortcuts. All of these steps are described below the article in the manual Five-pin.com removal guide. Once they are completed you will be able to return to safe and uninterrupted browsing.
Step 1. Delete the unwanted software
- Search box -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a program
- Choose the unwanted application
- Click Uninstall
Windows 7 and Vista
- Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a program
- Right-click the undesirable application
- Select Uninstall
- Start -> Control Panel -> Add or remove programs
- Locate and select the PUP
- Click Remove
Step 2. Reset your browsers
- Alt+T → Internet Options → Advanced tab → Reset → Delete personal settings → Reset → Close
- Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information → Reset Firefox → Reset Firefox → Finish
- Alt+F → Settings → Show Advanced Settings → Reset browser settings → Reset
Step 3. Edit the Target line
- Right-click on the browser shortcut icon
- Open Properties and click on the Shortcut tab
- Locate the Target line and erase all text after “exe”
- Click Apply and OK to save changes.