FreeLocalWeather Toolbar Removal Tips
FreeLocalWeather Toolbar is one more application from the infamous Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc. The software is promoted as a tool which will provide you with the latest weather reports. However, if you attempt to use it, you will soon realize that the application has a lot of disadvantages and is not worthy of a place in your system.
Since the toolbar is compatible with Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox, you will not be able to avoid it by changing your browser. Also, you will soon notice that the intruder alters your settings too. Do not to tolerate such suspicious application and delete FreeLocalWeather Toolbar.
What does FreeLocalWeather Toolbar do?
As we said, the toolbar changes the settings once it infiltrates your system. Instead of your preferred home page you will be presented with home.tb.ask.com while search.tb.ask.com will become your new search tool. We assure you that Ask.com is a legitimate website that presents users with genuine search results, unfortunately you cannot trust it blindly. More often than not, this page will provide you with sponsored search results which are quite suspicious. It is possible, that after clicking one of the presented ads or links you will be routed to an unknown website and encounter the suspicious or even malicious parties. Clearly, you should not use a search engine which can route you to unreliable websites and thus, we recommend to seriously consider FreeLocalWeather Toolbar removal in order to get rid of the imposed search tool.
Another reason to delete FreeLocalWeather Toolbar is its manner of entering. While it is possible to download this company’s software directly, in most cases it travels in freeware bundles. This means that you probably acquired the application after you installed some program from an unofficial website. If you often use such sources, you need to learn to pay more attention to the installation process. Always choose Advanced or Custom installation option and carefully read every word of the End User License Agreement. In this document, look for the boxes that announce the additional programs and deselect them by clicking the Decline button. Protect you computer and make sure that no undesirable software sneaks in.
How to remove FreeLocalWeather Toolbar?
As you are reading this article, you probably already decided to get rid of FreeLocalWeather Toolbar. If this is the case, you need to choose between two options available to you. If you wish to deal with this issues on your own, you can follow the instructions on how to terminate FreeLocalWeather Toolbar presented under this report. However, you also have another choice. You can install a reputable and powerful anti-spyware and let it delete FreeLocalWeather Toolbar for you. This option will also ensure your computer’s safety in the future.
Erase FreeLocalWeather Toolbar
- Press Windows key + R and enter Control Panel.
- Tap OK and go to Uninstall a program.
- Locate and uninstall FreeLocalWeather Toolbar.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Press Start button and go to Control Panel.
- Open Uninstall a program and uninstall FreeLocalWeather Toolbar.
- Access Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Tap Add or Remove programs and remove FreeLocalWeather Toolbar.
Eliminate FreeLocalWeather Toolbar from your browsers
- Tap Ctrl+Shift+A at the same time and choose Extensions.
- Get rid of all the suspicious extensions and leave the tab.
- Press Alt+T and navigate to Options.
- Open the General tab and change/remove your home page.
- Click OK and close the menu. Tap the icon in the search box and pick Manage Search engines.
- Erase the unwanted search tool and select your new default search engine. Click OK.
- Press Alt+F and open Tools.
- Select Extensions and delete the undesirable extensions.
- Choose Settings and tap Open a page or a set of pages.
- Pick Set pages, delete this home page and choose a new one.
- Click OK go to Manage Search Engines. Overwrite the search engine.
- Tap Done and restart the browser.
- Click Alt+X and move to Manage add-ons.
- Go to Toolbars and Extensions and delete suspicious extensions.
- Choose Search Providers, get rid of the unwanted search engine and pick a new one.
- Save changes and close the window.
- Tap Alt+X and access Internet Options.
- In the General tab, delete your current home page and choose another. Click OK.