Goldensearch.org Removal Tips
Goldensearch.org may look like a legitimate search engine, but in reality it is an intrusive browser hijacker. What is not mentioned on the official site is that it changes your home page and default search engine. If you do not wish to use the disadvantageous search tools you should terminate Goldensearch.org.
How does Goldensearch.org work?
Once you install the download manager, it changes your home page and default search provider. You will not be able to undo the changes in any of your browsers until you completely eliminate Goldensearch.org and its related program. Your new home page contains a search box, search parameters and a fake advertisement on it. It may not differ much from other web search sites, however, if you try using the presented engine, you will be provided with results that include commercial ads.
The commercial data should not be blindly trusted as some of the ads are definitely fake. You should be especially careful with the ones that promote supposedly useful software or claim that you should check your PC’s status. If you want to get rid of these adverts and thus improve your browser speed, you should delete Goldensearch.org.
How to remove Goldensearch.org?
In order to eliminate Goldensearch.org from your browsers, you will have to uninstall its related application. Afterwards, you will also need to restore you browser settings. Instructions in the manual removal guide that you will find below this article can help you complete both of these tasks. If, however, you are looking for a more reliable solution, we suggest you erase Goldensearch.org automatically. In order to do that you will have to implement a malware removal tool. It will scan your computer and detect all elements of the hijacker. The anti-malware will then delete Goldensearch.org as well as the other potentially harmful programs and files that it may detect.
1) Uninstall Goldensearch.org
• Right-click on the lower left corner of the screen
• Select Programs and Features from the list
• Choose the suspicious program and click Uninstall
Windows 7 and Vista/Windows XP
• Click on the Start button and select Control Panel
• Choose Uninstall a program/Add or remove programs
• Pick the unwanted software and click Uninstall/Remove
2) Remove Goldensearch.org from browsers:
• Press Alt+H and select Troubleshooting Information
• Click on the Refresh Firefox button
• Click Refresh Firefox and then click Finish
• Open Google Chrome menu and click on Settings
• Click Show advanced settings and select Reset settings
• Click Reset to confirm your decision
• Click on the Gear icon and open Internet Options
• Move to the Advanced tab and click Reset
• Tick Delete personal settings and click Reset