What is homepage.com.tr?
homepage.com.tr is a browser hijacker that affects Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. It usually enters PC bundled with freeware and without the user’s permission. It ads extensions or add-ons to your browsers and slows down computer’s performance. Since many users complain about this application, our research team analyzed this hijacker and prepared the following article to explain to you what exactly this application do and how to delete homepage.com.tr.
What does homepage.com.tr do?
First of all, you should know that just like all the other hijackers, homepage.com.tr works to promote the third parties’ interests. The aim is to increase traffic to predetermined websites, because greater traffic means higher ranking. That is why the application floods the user with an avalanche of pop-ups, banners, and so on. For the same reason it also changes your home page and default search engine. After the intruder infiltrates your browsers, it starts altering your search results. They will be displayed in between ads and spread among sponsored links. These links may be completely unrelated to your query, but they lead to pages promoted by this software. If you do not wish to spend half your time sorting through the unrelated links, you should remove homepage.com.tr.
Another reason to get rid of homepage.com.tr is the fact that the application tracks your Internet activities. It records your IP address, your preferences, your operating system type, checks browsing history, and so on. This gross invasion of privacy ensures that the advertisements presented to you by the hijacker, correspond very well to your latest search queries which increases the possibility that you will click them. As if that would not be enough, the tool does nothing to ensure that the links are safe. Every time you choose a new link provided by the application, you can be exposed to the malicious third parties. Do not let this threat stay inside your PC and remove homepage.com.tr at once.
If you wonder how homepage.com.tr could enter your system without permission, remember your latest free of charge software installation. It is very possible that the hijacker used your inattentiveness during download to sneak in. Next time choose Advanced or Custom installation and read the software licenses agreement where you will be able to deselect additional programs. For now, concentrate on homepage.com.tr removal.
How to remove homepage.com.tr?
It is clear that homepage.com.tr is a dangerous application that brings no benefit to you. We urge you to eliminate homepage.com.tr as soon as possible. Employ a reputable anti-spyware and use it to erase homepage.com.tr. If, however, you want to terminate homepage.com.tr manually, you will find instructions below.
- Open the start menu and choose Control Panel.
- Go to Add or Remove programs and find the unwanted application.
- Remove homepage.com.tr.
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen and navigate to All apps.
- Choose Control Panel and open Uninstall a program.
- Find the unwanted application and uninstall homepage.com.tr.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Click start and navigate to Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and uninstall homepage.com.tr.
Reset your browsers
- Launch your browser and press Alt+H.
- Click Troubleshooting information and choose Reset Firefox.
- Tap Reset Firefox once more and restart the browser.
- Open Internet Explorer and press Alt+T.
- Select Internet Options and go to Advanced tab.
- Choose Reset and click Delete personal settings.
- Choose Reset again and restart Internet Explorer.
- Launch Google Chrome and press Alt+F.
- Go to Settings and Tap Show advanced settings.
- Click Reset browser settings and then click Reset once more.
- Restart your browser.