What is I-Gosearch?
I-Gosearch is yet another browser hijacker that enters your computer without your permission. In order to change your home page and default search engine to i-gosearch.com, this intruder can work as a plugin and a browser extension. The hijacker can also redirect you to dangerous sites. We recommend to read this article to find out more about the suspicious application and to learn how to terminate I-Gosearch from your computer before it causes serious trouble.
What does I-Gosearch do?
Most often, I-Gosearch enters a new system with freeware installers. You can encounter these untrustworthy installers, when you click a suspicious ad or a fake download button in third parties’ websites. We advise to be more careful in the future and to acquire freeware only from the official pages. Also, make sure to stay away from the ads presented to you by the unknown parties, because it is an easy way to install pottetnially unwanted software or even malware. Be more vigilant and protect your system.
If this software manages to enter your computer, you can be sure that it will immediately change your home page and default search engine. As a result, from the moment this intruder situates itself in your system, you will not be able to trust the provided search results. We advise to be very careful and to avoid using the provided search tool. Remember that every time you try to search for something, it will flood you with ads and additional links that belong to promoted third parties. Unfortunately, those parties are completely unknown and can harm your PC, if you encounter them. Stay away from the search engine and eliminate I-Gosearch as soon as you can.
Another reason to get rid of I-Gosearch is the tracking it performs. The hijacker follows your online activities. You geographical location, IP address, search queries, browsing history, favorite pages, the time you spend in those pages, clicks, etc. are recorded and can be shared with the third parties. Since we already established that the third parties promoted by this hijacker cannot be trusted, you should not allow them to access your data. To stop this spread of your information we advise to delete I-Gosearch.
How to remove I-Gosearch?
From this article, it should be clear that the application which currently resides in your system is untrustworthy and should be removed. To do that, we advise to employ a reputable anti-spyware and let it delete I-Gosearch for you. The same security tool will also safeguard your PC after I-Gosearch removal. The other option is to follow I-Gosearch removal instructions under this article.
- Click Windows key + R.
- Enter Control Panel.
- Press OK.
- Move to Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall I-Gosearch.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Click Start button.
- Go to Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program.
- Remove I-Gosearch.
- Open Start menu.
- Tap Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove programs.
- Delete I-Gosearch.
Erase I-Gosearch from your browsers
- Press the Gear icon and click Internet Options.
- Overwrite the home page in the General tab.
- Click Gear icon and pick Manage Add-ons.
- Choose Toolbars and Extensions and delete unwanted add-ons.
- In Search Providers, remove the unwanted search engine and delete the old one.
- Tap menu and pick Options.
- Go to General tab and replace your current home page with the new one.
- In the Search tab, change your search engine.
- Click on the menu again and open Add-ons.
- Terminate unwanted extensions.
- Press the menu and click Settings.
- Tap Set pages and set your new home page after you deleted the old one.
- Under Search, go to Manage search engine.
- Choose a new search tool and delete the untrustworthy engine.
- In the Extensions, erase undesirable add-ons.