i-search.us.com Removal Guide
If one day you noticed that your default search engine, home page and new tab URL got changed to i-search.us.com, you can be sure that your computer was infiltrate by a browser hijacker. This may happen in all your favorite browsers, including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome.
If you noticed these changes in your browsers, we advise to avoid using the provided search engine and to delete i-search.us.com from your computer as soon as possible, because the longer this hijacker stays in your system, the more damage it can cause.
What does i-search.us.com do?
As we already explained, you will notice the changes once this intrusive application enters your system. First of all, you need to understand that the main goal of any hijacker is to increase traffic to affiliate pages. To achieve this, the intruder floods you with numerous advertisements and presents you with untrustworthy search results. The ads may appear in almost every window you visit and the search results will be scattered in between sponsored links. This means that every time you click the link provided by i-search.us.com, you can get directed to an unknown website. While this is very annoying, you should be more concerned with the fact that you may get directed to a suspicious website and get exposed to the malignant third parties. Such encounters often result in malware infection which causes a lot of problems to the system. Protect your PC and terminate i-search.us.com.
How did i-search.us.com enter your system?
In most cases, i-search.us.com slithers into a new computer bundled with freeware. If you often acquire free of charge software from unofficial pages, know that many websites monetize their free downloads by spreading the undesirable programs. The distributors know very well, that not many users follow the installation procedure which provides them with an opportunity to sneak in an additional application with the one you wanted to instal. To prevent this from happening next time you download freeware, monitor the installation procedure very closely and make sure that you know to what you are agreeing every time you click the ‘Next’ button.
How to remove i-search.us.com?
If you are reading this article, you probably already have this hijacker in your system. In order to delete i-search.us.com, you should employ a legitimate and up-to-date computer security application and use it to clean your PC. You can also remove i-search.us.com manually by following the instructions presented bellow. Either way, make sure that i-search.us.com removal is complete and take better care of your system from now on.
- Tap the Start button.
- Select Control Panel.
- Press Add or Remove Programs.
- Click Change or Remove Programs.
- Eliminate i-search.us.com.
- Access the Metro UI screen.
- Tap All apps.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Right-click undesirable application.
- Select Uninstall to remove i-search.us.com.
Windows Vista or Windows 7
- Tap Windows logo on the Taskbar.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the program you want to remove.
- Click Uninstall.
Erase i-search.us.com from your browsers
- Open menu and click Options.
- In the General tab, overwrite your home page.
- Go to Search tab and change/remove your search provider.
- Access menu again and choose Add-ons.
- Terminate the suspicious entries.
- Click menu icon and tap Settings.
- Choose Set pages and replace your current home page with a new one.
- Go to Search and click Manage search engine.
- Select a new search provider and navigate to Extensions.
- Delete unwanted add-ons.
- Press the Gear icon and pick Internet Options.
- Delete your current home page and choose a new one in the General tab.
- Click Gear icon again and open Manage Add-ons.
- Choose Toolbars and Extensions and remove unwanted add-ons.
- Tap Search Providers and change/remove your search engine.