ib.adnxs.com Removal Tips
ib.adnxs.com is categorized as a browser hijacker, since it changes home page and default search engine in every computer it infiltrates. The search engine may look useful and professional, however we warn you that it is a poor quality search tool which you should avoid.
The users who think that they will be able to avoid the hijacker by changing the browser will be disappointed when they learn that it is compatible with Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. In the following article we will explain in more detail why you should not feel safe as long as this application is inside your PC and how to delete ib.adnxs.com.
What does ib.adnxs.com do?
The main goal of this application is to increase traffic to the third parties’ websites. Since bigger traffic means higher ranking, the creators of these pages are very interested in this service. The intruder generates revenue for every click on the predetermined link and it will do everything to induce you to click them. For example, it uses tracking cookies to record your browsing history, search queries, IP address, operating system type, and so on. This information is used to customize the advertisements to you and to make them more appealing. Do not tolerate such invasion of privacy and get rid of ib.adnxs.com.
The intruder also shows numerous annoying advertisements. The ads are presented in every new window and they advertise lotteries, gambling, and other similar games. These ads are very untrustworthy, because if you click them, they may direct you to a malicious page. Needless to say, such excursion would most likely result in a serious malware infection that would be much harder to deal with than a browser hijacker. Do not ignore this threat and eliminate ib.adnxs.com from your system before it managed to do more damage.
Hijackers usually infiltrate a new system together with free of charge software from the unknown pages. If you download freeware from such source, you have to be very attentive during the installation. Select Advanced or Custom option and peruse the provided EULA. When you notice the boxes that announce potentially unwanted programs, deselect them by clicking Decline. Do not let suspicious software enter your PC in the future and terminate ib.adnxs.com right now.
How to remove ib.adnxs.com?
We advise to use a trustworthy anti-spyware to delete ib.adnxs.com from your system. However, if you are determined to perform manual ib.adnxs.com removal, we will be happy to help you too. Follow the instructions below and erase ib.adnxs.com. To make sure that similar infection does not attack you in the future, we suggest to employ a legitimate security tool.
- Go to the bottom right corner of the screen and select Settings.
- Access Control Panel and choose Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall ib.adnxs.com.
- Click Start and open Control Panel.
- Go to Add or Remove programs and remove ib.adnxs.com.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Open Start menu and choose Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and uninstall ib.adnxs.com.
Reset your browsers
- Launch your browser and press Alt+F.
- Open Settings and go to Show Advanced settings.
- Click Reset browser settings and then tap Reset again.
- Open your browser and tap Alt+T.
- Select Internet Options and click on the Advanced tab.
- Click Reset and select Delete personal settings.
- Click the Reset button again.
- Launch your browser and tap Alt+H.
- Select Troubleshooting Information and choose Reset Firefox.
- Click Reset Firefox in the dialog box.