What is Ib.Adnxs?
If your browsers are filled with various third party advertisements, it means that you may have infected your system with an adware that uses Ib.Adnxs, also known as Appnexus, advertising platform. The unwanted program may change your browser settings replacing your home page and default search engine, however, the main symptom of getting infected with adware is the increased amount of commercial data.
Various pop-ups, banners, sponsored links and other adverts will become a big part of your browsing. You will not be able to surf the Web without having to deal with them. If you want to return to normal browsing and not experience any unnecessary disturbances, you should terminate Ib.Adnxs and the related program.
How does Ib.Adnxs work?
The official website of the adware platform appnexus.com claims that it “powers the most innovative trading solutions and marketplaces for Internet advertising”. That may be the case, however, when it comes to computer users, they do not actually need to see the annoying ads everywhere they go. Which is exactly what happens when an ad-supported application gains access to your PC. The main problem with the commercials is not just that they appear on all websites regardless of their content, but rather that they may redirect you to corrupted pages. Keeping away from all ads brought to you by the software is the best thing you can do until you get rid of Ib.Adnxs.
How to remove Ib.Adnxs?
Manual Ib.Adnxs removal may turn out to be rather tricky. You have to delete the adware that is responsible for its appearance. However, the unwanted program may not be listed in Control Panel. In which case you have to edit your Hosts file and thus uninstall Ib.Adnxs and its redirects. If your home page and search engine have been altered, you will also have to reset your browser settings. Instructions on how to complete all of these tasks are presented below this article and you are welcome to use them. If, however, you would prefer to take care of your system automatically, you should download a malware removal and prevention tool.
Guide on Ib.Adnxs Removal
Restore Hosts file:
- Open My computer and click on Local Disk (C:)
- Double-click on the Windows folder
- Go to System32, then drivers and etc.
- Open Hosts file using Notepad
- Check if the last line is one of the following:
- Windows XP: 127.0.0.1 localhost
- Windows 7/Vista/8: 127.0.0.1 localhost and ::1 localhost
- If not, delete all that comes after these lines
- Save made changes
Reset your browsers:
- Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information → Reset Firefox → Reset Firefox → Finish
- Alt+F → Settings → Show Advanced Settings → Reset settings → Reset
- Alt+T → Internet Options → Advanced tab → Reset → Delete personal settings → Reset.