Info.com Removal Instructions
If you have noticed Info.com in your computer you do not need to panic, since this website is not malicious. It is a metasearch engine which extracts relevant search results from Yahoo!, Google, Bing, Yandex, Ask, LookSmart, About and Open Directory and presents them to you combined. This engine is compatible with Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome and it possess a browser plug-in that adds the engine’s icon in the top right corner of your browsers.
During the thorough analyzes, our research team did not notice any signs of bundling which indicates that if you see this page inside your computer, you probably installed it yourself. If you are happy with the provided services, you do not have to delete Info.com.
What does Info.com do?
The company which created this software is based in London, United Kingdom. The creators made sure that this engine is available in several languages and created separate versions of the website: http://www.info.co.uk/, http://www.info.com.au/, http://www.info.com/fr, and http://www.info.com/de. In all of these pages, you can choose different sections, including video, jobs, news, images, and so on. This engine also works with other search providers in order to improve your browsing experience by presenting comparison shopping, product reviews, classifieds, White Pages and Yellow Pages, weather, directions, maps, health, etc.
It seems that this website does not hijack browsers, because it does not have the needed installers. However, if you visit http://info.com/plugins and choose Web search plugin with each browser, your default search engine can be changed to Info.com. If that happened and now you wan to get rid of Info.com, you will find instructions on how to do it under this article.
Like many other search tools, Info.com tracks your online activities and records the gathered information in order to improve their service. The good news is that the engine does not share this data with anyone without your permission. However, some users may be displeased when they find out that this search provider is sponsored by the third parties which means that it presents sponsored links. Also, this application is not responsible for the contents of the websites which belong to those third parties and thus the users click every link at their own risk. If such services seem unacceptable to you, you should remove Info.com from your PC.
How to remove Info.com?
Under this article you will find step by step instructions on how to eliminate Info.com from your computer. If you carefully follow these steps, you should be able to terminate Info.com.
Delete Info.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A and choose Extensions.
- Erase all suspicious extensions. Leave the tab.
- Click Alt+T and go to Options.
- Change/delete the home page (in the General tab).
- Tap OK and close the menu.
- Click the search icon and tap Manage Search engines.
- Delete/change the search engine and click OK.
Terminate Info.com from Google Chrome
- Click Alt+F and open Tools.
- Access Extensions and delete the suspicious extensions.
- Open Settings and click Open a page or a set of pages.
- Tap Set pages and overwrite the home page.
- Click OK and open Manage Search Engines.
- Change/remove the current search engine and tap Done.
- Restart the browser.
Uninstall Info.com from Internet Explorer
- Press Alt+X and click Manage add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and delete unknown extensions.
- Click Search Providers and change/remove your search engine.
- Save changes. Close the window and click Alt+X.
- Move to Internet Options and overwrite the home page. Tap OK.