InternetSpeedUtility Toolbar Removal Guide
Created by the infamous Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc., InternetSpeedUtility Toolbar is similar to other software from the same Mindspark Toolbar family and thus, cannot be trusted. If you see this application in your PC, it means that your home page and default search engine were also altered. Many users complain that the toolbar entered their computers without permission and then unexpectedly changed their settings.
If you also see this annoying software in your Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer, but do not remember ever downloading it, terminate InternetSpeedUtility Toolbar from your PC at once.
What does InternetSpeedUtility Toolbar do?
The minute this irritating intruder enters your system, it modifies user’s homepage and default search engine. Instead of your usual website you will be presented with Ask.com. While Ask.com is certainly legitimate, we do not advsie to use it as your main search tool. Bear in mind that this page is famous for promoting numerous third parties. This means that in between your search results, the engine will scatter promoted links and ads. Not only will this make your searches very time consuming and annoying, but you may also end up in a suspicious or even malicious website. Needless to say, if you happen to encounter cyber criminals, you would most likely find some kind of malware in your PC afterwards. To avoid such risk, you need to delete InternetSpeedUtility Toolbar.
Another reason to take care of InternetSpeedUtility Toolbar removal is its clandestine distribution manner. Such programs usually use a deceptive marketing method called ‘bundling’. It means that users can find this software in their computers, after they install freeware from unofficial pages. If you often download free programs from suspicious sources, chances are that you will acquire more than just the intended application. One way to protect your system against such infiltrations is to use only the official sites. However, if you have no intentions of changing your sources, you need to at least learn to pay more attention to the installation wizard. Always pick Advanced or Custom installation option and read the provided End User License Agreement. In this document, locate the undesirable programs and deselect them by clicking the Decline button. If the software is already in your PC, erase InternetSpeedUtility Toolbar.
How to remove InternetSpeedUtility Toolbar?
In order to get rid of InternetSpeedUtility Toolbar, you will need to choose between two possible removal options. If you prefer to take care of InternetSpeedUtility Toolbar removal by yourself, you should follow the instructions displayed below. Another option is to purchase a reputable computer security software and use it to delete InternetSpeedUtility Toolbar. The same anti-spyware will also protect your computer in the foreseeable future.
Uninstall InternetSpeedUtility Toolbar
- Access the Charm menu and select Settings.
- Click Control Panel and choose Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall unwanted software.
- Click Start and choose Control Panel.
- Go to Add or Remove programs and remove InternetSpeedUtility Toolbar.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and uninstall the suspicious toolbar.
Terminate InternetSpeedUtility Toolbar from your browsers
- Press Tools and tap Manage Add-ons.
- Disable suspicious applications found in the Toolbars and Extensions tab.
- Tap Ctrl+Shift+A and move to Add-ons Manager.
- Click on Extensions and remove unreliable extensions.
- Press the menu icon and open Tools and then Extensions.
- Click on the trash icons next to the undesirable extension.
- Tap the Remove button.
Reset your browsers
- Press Alt+T.
- Select Internet Options and pick the Advanced tab.
- Tap Reset and mark Delete personal settings.
- Click the Reset button again.
- Press Alt+H simultaneously
- Choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Click Reset Firefox.
- Tap Reset Firefox one more time.
- Tap Alt+F and go to Settings.
- Click Show Advanced settings.
- Press Reset browser settings and tap Reset.