What is istartpageing.com?
Our computer experts classify istartpageing.com as a browser hijacker. Once this application enters your computer, you will immediately have your browsers’ settings changed in Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. As if the altered settings would not be enough, you also will be flooded with advertisements and will constantly live with a risk of getting exposed to the malicious parties. Furthermore, you will notice that your Internet became much slower and that your PC is not as responsive as it was before. All these symptoms indicate that your system was attacked by a nasty hijacker. We strongly recommend not to delay and to remove istartpageing.com from your system as soon as you can.
How does istartpageing.com work?
The main goal of this intruder is to increase traffic to the third parties’ pages. Keep in mind that for every click on the link or ad which belongs to the affiliate parties, this intruder earns revenue. It means that the application will do everything to make you choose the predetermined advertisements and links. Unfortunately, we must warn you that the presented links are unreliable. Browser hijackers often work alongside cyber crooks and help distribute malware. Stay away from the presented links, pop-ups, banners, etc., because after only one click, you may find yourself in a malignant website. Needless to say, such excursion would most likely result in a serious infection (virus, Trojan, keylogger, worm, etc.) which you will find much harder to deal with. Do not take such unnecessary risks with your system’s safety and terminate istartpageing.com from your computer right now.
Another reason to take care of istartpageing.com removal immediately is the tracking of your information the application starts as soon as it enters your system. It follows your clicks, search queries, visited pages, geographical location, IP address, operating system type, and so on. All this data is used to make the ads more attractive to you so that you would choose them. However, the same information will also be sold to the third parties which, as we already explained in the previous paragraph, are untrustworthy. Before cyber criminals manage to use your data for nefarious purposes, delete istartpageing.com from your computer.
How did istartpageing.com infiltrated your PC?
Such software like browser hijackers usually travel alongside freeware. This distribution method is called ‘bundling’ and is very successful, since users do not pay any attention to the installation process. In order to stop such software from entering your computer, make sure to always choose Advanced or Custom installation process. Also, read the provided End User License Agreement and look for the boxes that announce the additional and potentially undesirable programs. Once you locate them, click the Decline button. If you do not wish to repeat this procedure every time you download free of charge applications, install them only from the official pages.
How to remove istartpageing.com?
If you finished reading this report, it should be clear to you that it is in the best interests of your PC to delete istartpageing.com as soon as possible. In order to do that, we recommend employing a reputable anti-spyware. A legitimate and up-so-date computer security tool will be able to eliminate istartpageing.com and will also safeguard your system afterwards. However, you can also choose another istartpageing.com removal option. Our research team prepared step-by-step instructions on how to erase istartpageing.com manually. Follow them and you should be able to get rid of istartpageing.com.
Uninstall from Windows XP
- Click on Start button and go to Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs.
- Uninstall istartpageing.com.
Uninstall from Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Open Start menu and access Control Panel.
- Navigate to Uninstall a program.
- Right-click on the unwanted istartpageing.com and uninstall it.
Uninstall from Windows 8
- Right-click on Metro UI menu and choose All apps.
- Access Control Panel and open Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the undesirable software and Uninstall istartpageing.com.
Terminate istartpageing.com from your browsers
Delete istartpageing from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Internet Options.
- Remove/change the home page in the General tab.
- Click the Gear icon and select Manage Add-ons.
- In Toolbars and Extensions, delete unwanted add-ons.
- In Search Providers, designate a new search engine and remove the old one.
Delete istartpageing from Mozilla Firefox
- Access the menu and select Options.
- Move to the General tab and replace your home page with the one you prefer.
- In the Search tab, delete/change your search tool.
- Press the menu icon again and select Add-ons.
- Remove undesirable extensions.
Delete istartpageing Google Chrome
- Tap the menu icon and press Settings.
- Open Set pages and set your new home page (after you erase the old address).
- Under Search, pick Manage search engine.
- Overwrite your search tool.
- Go to Extensions and remove useless add-ons.