What is Istartsurf.com?
Istartsurf.com is a browser hijacker that you may acquire while downloading freeware or shareware from the Internet. It similar to other programs of this type like qone8.com, default-search.com, v9.com and many more. The main aim of a browser hijacker is to generate web traffic. It will use various methods to do that.
Istartsurf.com will alter your browser settings, cause redirects and display ads on your screen. The program does not offer anything useful. As it comes bundled with free software usually computer users do not remember installing it at all. If you never wanted this application on your PC you should delete Istartsurf.com immediately.
How does Istartsurf.com work?
Istartsurf.com affects all of your browsers and makes unauthorized changes to them. Your home page, search engine and new tab page will be replaced by Istartsurf.com.com. The engine may look legitimate, but we assure you it is not. Once you start using Istartsurf.com.com you will notice that it makes certain alterations to your search results. You will also notice a general increase in various adverts like pop-ups and banners as well as redirects that will start happening for no apparent reason. Moreover, Istartsurf.com also adds toolbars to all of your browsers. SupTab is added to Internet Explorer, QuickStart or FastStart is added to Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. You will have to remove these browser extensions as well when you terminate Istartsurf.com.
There are two more things you should know about Istartsurf.com. First of all, it collects your browsing data in order to personalize the ads. So you should not be surprised by the fact that all of a sudden you see something that actually interests you. This is just another trick to make you click on the links. Secondly, you should also be wary of clicking on the ads, because they may not be safe. You could be entering a site that harbors malware or some other virtual scam. Do not expose your PC to unnecessary dangers and eliminate Istartsurf.com as soon as you can.
How to remove Istartsurf.com?
As browser hijackers are not malicious, it is possible to uninstall Istartsurf.com from your computer manually. You can use the instructions below to do just that. However, manual Istartsurf.com removal does not ensure that your system will be cleaned completely. Some left overs from the hijacker could still remain in your computer. That is why the better solution to your problem is to install a malware removal tool and use it to get rid of Istartsurf.com. You will also be able to implement the anti-malware program when surfing the web as it will prevent you from catching any more online infections.
Uninstall Istartsurf.com from the system
Windows XP/7 and Vista
1. Click Start -> Control Panel
2. Open Add or remove programs in XP
3. Select Uninstall a program in 7 and Vista
4. Launch the Istartsurf.com uninstaller
1. Press Win+R and type in Control Panel
2. Click OK to open it
3. Select Uninstall a program
4. Choose and uninstall Istartsurf.com
Erase Istartsurf.com from your browsers
1. Click on the search provider icon
2. Open Manage search engines
3. Delete the unwanted provider
4. Open Mozilla menu and click Add-ons
5. Go to Extensions and delete FastStart
6. Go back to the menu and click Options
7. On the General tab overwrite your home page
1. Click on the Chrome menu
2. Select Tools and then Extensions
3. Delete QuickStart (FastStart)
4. Go back to the menu and open Settings
5. Click Set pages under On Startup
6. Change your home page
7. Under Search click Manage search engines
8. Delete the unwanted tool and set a new one
1. Click on the Gear icon and pick Manage Add-ons
2. Go to Toolbars and Extensions and erase SupTab
3. Move to Search providers and delete Istartsurf.com
4. Click on Gear icon again and open Internet Options
5. Overwrite the existing home page and click OK
Edit your browser shortcuts
1. Right-click the shortcut of your browser
2. Click on Properties
3. Go to the Shortcut tab
4. Delete all text after “exe” in the Target line
5. Click Apply and then OK.