Remove istsearch.com from computer
istsearch.com is a browser hijacker that may enter your computer together with freeware applications. Usually users can choose whether they want their homepages changed or not, but if you are not attentive enough during freeware installation, istsearch.com may be set as your default homepage and search engine automatically. It is not recommended to keep this search provider on your PC because its safety cannot be verified. Please remove istsearch.com from the system immediately and then scan your computer in search for potentially unwanted applications. You are bound to have at least one unwanted program on board.
istsearch.com is compatible with Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. It may be related to MindSpark freeware applications, seeing how similar its main page is to search engines provided by MindSpark browser extensions. What is more, our computer security analysts suggest that the page istsearch.com itself is very similar to find404.com and search30.com, both of which are associated with browser hijackers as well.
The term browser hijacker implies that your browser settings are modified without your permission. It might be that istsearch.com changes your browser settings behind your back as well (depending on the infiltration method), but the thing you have to remember is that most of the time, you initiate the download and installation yourself.
The truth is that istsearch.com may provide you with relevant search results. The main website also has a few shortcuts, leading to the most popular websites, for example, Gmail, Yahoo!, Facebook, YouTube, Amazon, Twitter and so on. On the other hand, the question is whether you need those shortcuts on your search engine’s homepage, when you can simply add a shortcut bar on your browser. Thus, although istsearch.com seems useful at first glance, in reality, it provides you with redundant services.
What is more, the fact that istsearch.com is rather intrusive is alarming enough. Not to mention that the application also displays commercial advertisements that usually contains third-party content. It means that istsearch.com may inadvertently expose you to dangerous websites and various cyber threats. It does not try to infect you with malware, but the hijacker simply gets exploited by malevolent third parties in order to promote various marketing schemes and unreliable content.
The bottom line is that you must remove istsearch.com from your computer immediately. This application does not have an entry on the list of installed programs, so you may not uninstall it via Control Panel. Follow the instructions below to delete istsearch.com from your browser, and then scan the PC with a licensed antimalware tool in order to detect all the potential threats that could be related to this browser hijacker. If any malicious programs are detected, terminate them immediately!
How to remove istsearch.com
- Press Alt+T and go to Manage add-ons.
- Click Search providers on the left.
- Set a new default search engine and remove istsearch.com.
- Press Alt+T again and go to Internet options.
- Change your homepage under General tab and click OK.
- Click the search engine icon on the left of Firefox search box.
- Select Manage search engines on drop-down menu.
- Remove istsearch.com from the list and click OK.
- Press Alt+T and go to Options.
- Change your homepage address under General tab and click OK.
- Press Alt+F and select Settings.
- Mark Open a specific page or set of pages under On Startup.
- Click Set pages and modify your startup page. Click OK.
- Select Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine, delete istsearch.com and press Done.