What is key-find.com?
Have you installed key-find.com onto your Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer browsers thinking that this search tool is reliable and beneficial? Unfortunately, it is most likely that you have been mistaken, because this search tool is neither reliable nor beneficial. First of all, it presents the same search results that you would find when using the reputable Google search engine, with the exception of the suspicious ads. key-find will display ads at the top of every page representing the search results. Unfortunately, you will risk your own virtual security if you decide to click on these ads. Of course, they will disappear only when you delete key-find. Are you ready to remove this suspicious search engine? If you are, we recommend reading this report and following our removal guides.
Why you need to remove key-find.com?
Even if you do not click on the sponsored search results showcased by key-find, you will be exposed to the third-party links every time you launch your browser and face the key-find home page. Even though the search engine displays a search box it also displays flashy banner advertisements inviting you to install software, save money, or redeem prizes. These ads cannot be trusted, because they are not introduced by reliable parties. Remember that one single click could lead to the installation of malicious programs, and you do not want to risk your security for some random offer. It would be best to remove key-find, and the guides below will help you delete the suspicious search tool from your browsers. Well, what about the removal of the applications installed packaged with the browser hijacker? Even if you think that they do not exist, it is necessary to scan your PC, because you do not want to overlook the existence of the malicious computer applications.
Delete from Mozilla Firefox:
- Open the browser and navigate to the Firefox search box.
- Click the search provider icon to open a menu and select Manage Search Engines.
- Select the undesirable search tool, click Remove, and select Done.
- Simultaneously tap keys Alt+T to open the Tools menu and click Options.
- Click the General tab and find the Home Page URL.
- Overwrite/remove the undesirable home page and click OK.
Delete from Google Chrome:
- Open the browser and simultaneously tap keys Alt+F.
- In the Chrome menu first move to the On Startup section.
- Mark Open a specific page or set of pages and click Set pages.
- Overwrite/remove the URL of key-find and then click OK.
- Under Appearance mark Show Home button.
- Click Change and then repeat step 4.
- Finally move to Search and click Manage search engines.
- Remove the undesirable search tool after setting a new default option and click Done.
Delete from Internet Explorer:
- Open the browser and simultaneously tap keys Alt+T.
- In the Tools menu select Manage Add-ons.
- In the menu on the left click Search Providers.
- Select/add a new search provider and click Set as default.
- Remove the undesirable search provider and click Close.
- Tap Alt+T again and click Internet Options.
- Click the General tab, change/remove the URL of key-find, and click OK.