LotteryStream Toolbar Removal Instructions
Developed by the infamous Mindspark Interactive Network, LotteryStream Toolbar is classified as a potentially undesirable application. It enters users computer bundled with freeware and immediately changes your home page and default search engine to Ask.com in Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer browsers.
Since most of the users are surprised to find this software in their systems, our research center prepared this article to explain how the toolbar works. After reading this report you will understand, why we advise to delete LotteryStream Toolbar at once.
How does LotteryStream Toolbar work?
In its official page, LotteryStream Toolbar is presented as a reliable tool. According to its creators, you will be able to “Get the latest lottery numbers in your state-as well as the mega lotteries” with this software. Although these promises sound very interesting and useful, we do not recommend to be too trustful.
First of all, once the toolbar enters your system, you will see that your home page was changed to home.tb.ask.com and search engine to search.tb.ask.com. Even though the users are informed about the pending changes during the installation procedure, they rarely notice these notifications, since almost none of them follow the installation process. As a result, the changed settings come as an unwelcome shock. Furthermore, we must inform you that the presented search tool cannot be entirely trusted. Ask.com is known as a website that promotes numerous third parties and thus fills its search results with sponsored links. Consequently, every time you search for something, you will be presented with suspicious links and ads. Bear in mind that after clicking one of these links, you may find yourself in a suspicious or even malcious website and encounter cyber crooks. To protect your PC, you need to get rid of LotteryStream Toolbar and recover your previous search tool.
To avoid such entrances in the future, you need to be more attentive during your freeware installations, since this is how the software enters your PC. Always select Custom or Advanced installation option and read the EULA. In this document, look for the additional software and deselect it. Do not let the unknown application enter your PC without permission and eliminate LotteryStream Toolbar, if that already happened.
How to remove LotteryStream Toolbar?
The best way to delete LotteryStream Toolbar is with a professional anti-spyware. Purchase a legitimate and powerful computer security software and let it deal with this issue. Another way to uninstall LotteryStream Toolbar is by following the instructions provided below. If you follow them closely, you will be able to get rid of LotteryStream Toolbar by yourself.
Erase LotteryStream Toolbar
- Click Windows key + R and enter Control Panel.
- Press Enter key and go to Uninstall a program.
- Locate and uninstall LotteryStream Toolbar.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Tap Start button on the Taskbar and navigate to Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and choose LotteryStream Toolbar.
- Access Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Add or Remove programs and remove LotteryStream Toolbar.
Uninstall LotteryStream Toolbar form your browsers
- Click Alt+X and go to Manage add-ons.
- In the Toolbars and Extensions, delete unwanted extensions.
- Press Search Providers, get rid of the unwanted search tool and pick a new one.
- Save the changes and close the window.
- Tap Alt+X and choose Internet Options.
- Move to the General tab, remove your current home page and pick a new one.
- Click OK.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously and choose Extensions.
- Delete all suspicious extensions and leave the tab.
- Press Alt+T and open Options.
- In the General tab, change/remove the home page.
- Tap OK and leave the menu.
- Click the icon in the search box and access Manage Search engines.
- Overwrite the search engine and click OK.
- Press Alt+F and go to Tools.
- Choose Extensions and eliminate the unwanted extensions.
- Tap Settings and click Open a page or a set of pages.
- Pick Set pages, delete this home page and select a new one.
- Click OK and go to Manage Search Engines under search.
- Replace the current search engine with a new one.
- Press Done and restart Google Chrome.