Lrcnta.exe Removal Tips
Lrcnta.exe is a file which indicates that your computer is infiltrated by the related adware Linkury Smart Bar. You have to remove Linkury Smart Bar in order to get rid of Lrcnta.exe, because it is impossible to eliminate only the file.
If your attempts to clean your PC are unsuccessful and Lrcnta.exe is left behind, you will be presented with Lrcnta.exe Runtime error that will try to automatically launch the application. The file is located in the %LOCALAPPDATA% directory. The only way to delete Lrcnta.exe is by performing full Linkury Smart Bar removal.
How does Lrcnta.exe work?
As we already explained, Lrcnta.exe belongs to Linkury Smart Bar advertising supported program. This adware cannot be downloaded directly even though it has an official website linkurysmartbar.com. This means that the application enters computer in a free of charge software bundle. You need to be more attentive during freeware installations, since many websites that provide the users with free downloads, often use additional applications to monetize them. If you recently installed Messenger Plus, MyPCBackup, Snap.Do, DefaultTab, etc., you will probably find Linkury Smart Bar in your PC. Consequently you have to eliminate Lrcnta.exe from your computer.
The users mostly complain about the pop-ups, in-text ads, banners, etc. that constantly interrupt their browsing. While the Linkury Smart Bar is not a malicious program, you should really be wary of the presented ads. The adware is not liable for the damage you may experience in the promoted pages that belong to the suspicious third parties. Instead of blindly clicking the provided ads, you should avoid them and remove Lrcnta.exe.
Also, it is important to understand that Linkury Smart Bar records information about you and uses it to make the ads more interesting. Since the adware earns money for every click on the predetermined links, it is not surprising that it does everything to make you choose them. The application collects your clicks, search queries, browsing history, operating system type, favorite pages, geographical location, and so on. All this data is employed when the software customizes the ads to the specific user. Unfortunately, the gathered information may also be shared with the third parties. To stop this, you should delete Lrcnta.exe.
How to remove Lrcnta.exe?
We strongly suggest to use a reliable anti-spyware to terminate Lrcnta.exe (the associated application). As we explained before, if you make a mistake and do not terminate Lrcnta.exe, it may cause you problems in the future. However, if you are truly determined to do everything by yourself, you will find detailed instruction on how to erase Lrcnta.exe related software below.
- Click Start and select Control Panel.
- Go to Add or Remove programs.
- Remove Lrcnta.exe.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall Lrcnta.exe.
- Go to the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Select Settings and open Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall Lrcnta.exe.
Delete Lrcnta.exe from your browsers
- Launch your browser and press Alt+X.
- Open Manage add-ons and choose Toolbars and Extensions.
- Remove all unwanted extensions.
- Click Search Providers and delete the unwanted search engine.
- Set your preferred search engine as default and save the changes..
- Close this window.
- Press Alt+X and access Internet Options.
- In the General tab, delete your home page and select a new one.
- Click OK.
- Start Google Chrome and click Alt+F.
- Open Tools and choose Extensions.
- Delete the unwanted extensions and select Settings.
- Click Open a page or a set of pages (under On startup).
- Choose Set pages and delete the current home page. Afterwards choose a new home page.
- Click OK and go to Manage Search Engines (under search).
- Remove the current search engine and select a new one.
- Click Done and restart your browser.
- Open this browser and press Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously.
- Choose Extensions and locate the unwanted extensions.
- Delete all suspicious entries and close the tab.
- Press Alt+T and go to Options.
- In the General tab, replace the home page with your preferred page.
- Click OK and close the menu.
- Click the icon in the search box and select Manage Search engines.
- Replace the unreliable search engine with a new one.
- Click OK.