MapsGalaxy Toolbar Removal Tips
MapsGalaxy Toolbar is a browser hijacker created by Mindspark Interactive Network. The company is well known thanks to browser plugins like Zwinky Toolbar or RadioRage Toolbar. This application is compatible with all your favorite browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. This hijacker promises to help you find places faster and easier than ever. In reality it is just an intrusive and quite useless toolbar which puts your computer at risk. We advise to remove MapsGalaxy Toolbar.
How does MapsGalaxy Toolbar work?
The main purpose of this hijacker is to promote third parties’ websites. In order to do that MapsGalaxy Toolbar hijacks and changes your browsers’ settings. It sets home.tb.ask.com as your home page and search.tb.ask.com as your default search engine. When it is done the intruder can control your search results. The toolbar presents the user with altered search results which are drowned by numerous advertisements and promoted links. As if that would not be enough, this hijacker constantly redirects you to predetermined websites. These disturbances are not only extremely annoying, but can also be very dangerous. Do not forget that none can guarantee the safety of these pages. As a matter of fact, the toolbar denies any responsibility over the contents of the provided links. You can end up in a highly corrupted website which may infect you with malware. Do not let this happen. Delete MapsGalaxy Toolbar as soon as you become aware that it is inside your computer.
MapsGalaxy Toolbar is usually distributed using a deceptive marketing method called ‘bundling’. It means that it enters your computer together with freeware you download voluntarily like PDF creators or video players. To prevent such clandestine entrance you need to get used to careful supervision of every free of charge software installation. Even though it is much longer, choose Advanced or Custom installation and always read every step of it. Most importantly, make sure to uncheck the boxes that inform about additional programs. Take care of the safety of your computer and do not allow uninvited applications to enter. If this hijacker still manages to “sneak in”, uninstall it immediately.
How to remove MapsGalaxy Toolbar?
We hope that we were able to convince you that MapsGalaxy Toolbar is a dangerous software. It endangers your system and is utterly useless. You should never tolerate the application that entered your computer without your permission. Eliminate MapsGalaxy Toolbar as soon as possible and scan your computer for additional threats afterwards. The step by step instructions on how to delete MapsGalaxy Toolbar, are provided below this article.
Delete MapsGalaxy Toolbar
- Go to the bottom right corner of the screen and choose Settings.
- Select Control Panel and click Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall MapsGalaxy Toolbar.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Click Start and choose Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and uninstall MapsGalaxy Toolbar.
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Choose Add or Remove programs and remove MapsGalaxy Toolbar.
Reset your browsers
- Launch Firefox and open menu.
- Click Question mark and choose Troubleshooting information.
- Select Reset Firefox.
- Click Reset Firefox again and choose Finish.
- Launch your browser and Press Alt+X.
- Choose Internet Options and go to Advanced tab.
- Click Reset and choose Delete personal settings.
- Press Reset again and tap close.
- Open Google Chrome and click menu icon.
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings.
- Select Reset browser settings and click Reset in the new window.