Moviesfanatic.com Removal Tips
Computer experts categorize Moviesfanatic.com as a browser hijacker compatible with Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. This application starts causing problems the minute it enters user’s system. The first thing it does is change your home page and default search engine which allows the software to present you with sponsored links and ads. While this is certainly annoying, the bigger problem turns out to be the unknown and potentially dangerous third parties that own those links and ads.
Users usually encounter the hijackers after they instal freeware from the suspicious pages. If you think that you have such application in your PC, we recommend to continue reading this article. The report will explain how this intruder works and how to delete Moviesfanatic.com from your computer.
What does Moviesfanatic.com do?
Moviesfanatic.com behaves like a typical browser hijacker. As we said, it enters your computer and immediately alters your settings. Instead of your usual home page and search tool, you will be provided with an untrustworthy website. We strongly advise not to trust the search results. Bear in mind that in between your results, the hijacker will scatter promoted links. If you click them, you risk getting routed to a malicious page. Needless to say, if you happen to enter a website managed by cyber criminals, you will probably be infected with some form of malware. A virus, Trojan, worm, etc. will be much harder to deal with than this hijacker. Do not risk the safety of your PC and terminate Moviesfanatic.com right now.
Next to the sponsored links in your search results, you will also see numerous ads which are just as unreliable as the links. Furthermore, the intruder personalizes the advertisements to make them more attractive to you. In order to do that, it follows your online activities and records your search queries, IP address, visited pages, clicks, the time you spend in specific websites, preferred browser, and so on. All this data is available to Moviesfanatic.com and its affiliated third parties. It goes without saying that you should not tolerate such uncontrollable spread of your information. To protect your system and your privacy, we advise to eliminate Moviesfanatic.com at once.
In addition to the previously mentioned negative aspects of this hijacker, you will notice the significantly slower Internet speed and the worsened general quality of the provided services too. It is quite obvious that this application brings you no benefits, but endangers your system’s safety and lowers the quality of its performance. Do not tolerate such software and remove Moviesfanatic.com.
Users often do not understand how this software managed to enter their computers. To understand how this hijacker is distributed, you should think about your latest freeware installation. If you installed free of charge software from the suspicious and unreliable pages, then there is no doubt that the hijacker infiltrated your PC at the same time. Remember that potentially undesirable applications are often used to monetize freeware. To avoid these unwanted entrances, be more attentive during future installation procedures.
How to remove Moviesfanatic.com?
You can choose between two Moviesfanatic.com removal options. First option requires you to follow the Moviesfanatic.com removal instructions presented below. However, if you would rather leave everything to the professionals, you can choose automatic method. Employ a powerful and legitimate anti-spyware and let it remove Moviesfanatic.com for your. After an authentic computer security tool deletes Moviesfanatic.com, it will stay in your PC to protect you from future threats.
1. Move the cursor to the right corner of your desktop.
2. Open Settings.
3. Click Control Panel.
4. Press Uninstall a program.
5. Uninstall Moviesfanatic.com.
1. Press Start button.
2. Choose Control Panel.
3. Pick Add or Remove programs.
4. Remove Moviesfanatic.com.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
1. Open Start menu.
2. Tap Control Panel.
3. Select Uninstall a program.
4. Uninstall Moviesfanatic.com.
Erase Moviesfanatic.com from your browsers
1. Click Ctrl+Shift+A and access Extensions.
2. Eliminate unknown extensions and leave the tab.
3. Press Alt+T and choose Options.
4. Open the General tab and change/remove the home page.
5. Press OK and leave the menu.
6. Tap the search icon and select Manage Search engines.
7. Delete the undesirable search engines and select your new default search tool. Click OK.
1. Press Alt+F and pick Tools.
2. Open Extensions and delete the unknown extensions.
3. Click Settings and click Open a page or a set of pages.
4. Tap Set pages and delete/change the home page. Click OK.
5. Go to Manage Search Engines and overwrite your search tool.
6. Press Done and restart Google Chrome.
1. Tap Alt+X and move to Manage add-ons.
2. In the Toolbars and Extensions, delete all unwanted extensions.
3. Press Search Providers, remove the unwanted search tool and pick a new one.
4. Save changes and leave the window. Click Alt+X and choose Internet Options.
5. In the General tab, delete/change your home page. Click OK.