Vi-view.com Removal Tips
Developed by Flyingbird Technology Limited, Vi-view.com is an untrustworthy search engine classified as a browsers hijacker. This application infiltrates your PC in a clandestine manner and changes browsers’ settings in Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome.
These changes are made without you permission and brings you no benefit. We recommend to finish reading this article to find out more about the unreliable software and to learn how to terminate Vi-view.com from your computer.
What does Vi-view.com do?
The main goal of any hijacker is to increase traffic to the promoted third parties’ websites, because for every click on the predetermined link that increases the website’s ranking, the hijacker earns money. Unfortunately, because of this your computer is at great risk, since the intruder does not check the third parties that own the sponsored pages. It means that you may enter an unreliable or even malicious website at any time. The possible consequences of such misfortune include identity theft, monetary loss, malware infection, etc. You should be very careful as long as this software is in your PC and to delete Vi-view.com as soon as you can.
There are many ways in which this hijacker can direct you to the affiliate pages. First of all, you should know that you cannot trust the search results presented to you by your new search engine. The application usually scatters promoted links in between the search results which means that you may accidentally click one of them. Furthermore, this software can present you with many annoying advertisements which will most likely appear in every window you open until you take care of Vi-view.com removal. These ads are actually very dangerous, because they may correspond with your latest searches. The hijacker follows your Internet habits and learns your preferences. The information is used to customize the ads in order to make them look very attractive, useful and interesting. However, you must realize that these ads can route you to untrustworthy pages.
Finally, as if the constant threat of malware infection would not be enough, you also have to remember that this application entered your PC hidden in a freeware bundle. It is obvious that this untrustworthy software should not be allowed to stay in your PC.
How to remove Vi-view.com?
The easiest and most efficient way to deal with this problem is to install a reputable and up-to-date computer security software and use it to eliminate Vi-view.com. A legitimate anti-spyware will ensure that all parts of the hijacker are removed and it will also safeguard your system against the future threats. However, you can also perform manual Vi-view.com removal by following the instructions presented below.
- Right-click the Metro UI screen.
- Tap All apps and select Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall Vi-view.com from your computer.
Windows Vista or Windows 7
- Click the Windows logo on the Taskbar.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program.
- Delete Mystart.vi-view.com from the system.
- Tap the Start button.
- Open Control Panel.
- Navigate to Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove Vi-view.com.
Remove Mystart.vi-view.com from your browsers
- Click Ctrl+Shift+A and open Extensions.
- Remove unknown extensions and leave the tab.
- Press Alt+T and access Options.
- Change/remove the home page.
- Tap OK and close the menu.
- Tap the icon (in the search box) and select Manage Search engines.
- Remove/change the search engine and click OK.
- Press Alt+F and choose Tools.
- In the Extensions, delete the unwanted extensions.
- Select Settings and click Open a page or a set of pages.
- Tap Set pages, delete/change the home page and click OK.
- Choose Manage Search Engines and replace the current search engine with a new one.
- Click Done and restart your browser.
- Press Alt+X and access Manage add-ons.
- Go to Toolbars and Extensions and remove undesirable extensions.
- Tap Search Providers, remove/change the search engine.
- Save changes and close the window.
- Press Alt+X and open Internet Options.
- In the General tab, delete your current home page and choose a new one.
- Tap OK.