What is Mystartsearch.com Virus?
Mystartsearch.com Virus enters your system without permission and modifies your browser settings. It changes your home page, new tab page and default search engine. You will not be able to undo these changes until you get rid of Mystartsearch.com Virus. The hijacker usually comes bundled with free third party software and is presented as an additional offer.
Most of the time, however, users do not pay attention to the freeware installation process and agree to hijacker’s addition without realizing what they did. Mystartsearch.com Virus is compatible with all popular browsers including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. As the program is not beneficial to you in any way, we recommend that you eliminate Mystartsearch.com Virus from your system.
How does Mystartsearch.com Virus work?
Although Mystartsearch.com is not technically a virus, it does have plenty of negative features. First of all, it modifies your browser settings without your permission. It sets Mystartsearch.com as you home page, so every time you open one of your browsers you see this site. It contains a search box, search parameters and quick access links to popular sites like Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Gmail and so on. If you start using the provided search engine, you will simply be redirected to Google. You may be presented with some ads and sponsored links in your results.
Another annoying feature of Mystartsearch.com Virus is the onslaught of commercial data like pop-ups, banners, in-text ads, videos, interstitial and other kinds of advertisements. It is important for you to know that these ads should not be trusted as they may lead you to dangerous webpages that contain various virtual scams. You could be tricked into downloading malware that is presented as a useful application or an update. You could also be tricked into sharing your personal details on an untrustworthy website. All of these scams could lead to serious financial losses. That is why it is important that you terminate Mystartsearch.com Virus as soon as you can.
The hijacker uses the same distribution method as other programs of this type including websearches.com, qone8.com, v9.com, omiga-plus.com and many more. It arrives bundled with other software. When you install freeware and do not decline the additional offers, you unwittingly agree to the addition of unwanted applications. The so-called virus also installs extensions to your browsers called Quick Start and Suptab. These extensions will be eliminated as soon as you remove Mystartsearch.com Virus.
How to remove Mystartsearch.com Virus?
It is clear that there is no reason to hesitate when it comes to Mystartsearch.com Virus removal. In order to terminate Mystartsearch.com Virus manually, you will have to uninstall the program that the hijacker arrived bundled with, then remove it from your browsers and edit your Target line. You will find detailed instructions on how to do that below this article. If, however, you want to not only delete Mystartsearch.com Virus, but also make sure that similar issues do not occur in the future, you should download an anti-malware utility. Once you install the malware removal tool, you will be able to eliminate not only Mystartsearch.com Virus, but also other infections that may be in your system. Moreover, the program will provide you with real-time protection against various online security threats. You will be able to surf the Web without any worries or interruptions.
Mystartsearch.com Virus Removal
Step 1: Delete Mystartsearch.com Virus and the related program
Windows 8/7 & Vista
- Press Win+S/Click on Start
- Type in Control Panel and hit Enter
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select the program and click Uninstall
- Click Start and open Control Panel
- Select Add or remove programs
- Choose the application and click Remove
Step 2: Uninstall Mystartsearch.com Virus from browsers
- Click on the Gear icon and open Internet Options
- Modify your home page on the General tab
- Click on the icon again and select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions in Toolbars and extensions
- Go to Search Providers and remove Mystartsearch.com Virus
- Click on the menu and select Options
- Overwrite your home page on the General tab
- Click on the menu again and open Add-ons
- Eliminate unwanted browser extensions
- Click on the search provider icon next to search box
- Pick Manage search engines
- Delete Mystartsearch.com Virus
- Click on the menu and choose Settings
- Click on Set pages and replace your home page
- Click on Manage search engines under Search
- Eliminate Mystartsearch.com Virus
- Click Extensions above Settings
- Terminate unwanted add-ons
Step 3: Modify your browser shortcuts
- Right-click on the browser shortcut and select Properties
- Go to the Shortcut tab and find the Target line
- Delete all symbols after “exe” and click OK.