What is Nettritue.com?
Nettritue.com is a browser hijacker that belongs to Qone8 family. It is extremely similar to other programs of this kind like omiga-plus.com, v9.com, delta-homes.com, nationzoom.com and many more. Nettritue.com modifies your browser settings and shortcuts. It is not that easy to get rid of the program. It is, however, very easy to not notice how it got installed.
If you download freeware and do not pay much attention to the installation process, you end up with potentially unwanted applications. If it was never your intention to acquire the program, you should eliminate Nettritue.com from your system.
How does Nettritue.com work?
If Nettritue.com has entered your system you will notice certain changes. First of all, the hijacker will modify your home page, default search engine and new tab page. All of these are changed to Nettritue.com. The main aim of Nettritue is to promote certain webpages and the hijacker will use various tactics to do just that. On the page itself you will see advertisements and links to various sites and software downloads. You will also see sponsored links when you use the search engine and adverts when you browse the Web. Furthermore, the program will also cause redirects to unfamiliar pages. You should be careful with all information provided by the hijacker as you cannot trust that it is truthful. You could be presented with virtual scams and tricked into downloading malware or sharing your personal details.
As you can see, it is not safe to keep Nettritue.com on your computer. The program may expose you to corrupted websites. It will also slow down your Internet speed and track your browsing habits. You should not tolerate any of this. We suggest you delete Nettritue.com as soon as you can.
How to remove Nettritue.com?
If you want to uninstall Nettritue.com manually, you can do that using the instructions presented below. You will have to delete the program it came bundled with as well. In order to return your browsers back to normal you will have to complete all three steps of the manual Nettritue.com removal guide. If, however, you want to ensure your system stays safe and clean in the future, you should download and install a powerful anti-malware tool. The malware remover can terminate Nettritue.com completely and protect your PC from similar Internet infections.
Step 1. Eliminate unwanted programs
1. Click on Start and go to Control Panel
2. Click on Add or Remove Programs
3. Choose the unwanted application
4. Select Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
1. Open Start menu and click on Control Panel
2. Select Uninstall a program
3. Right-click on the program
4. Click Uninstall
1. Select Search at the bottom right corner
2. Type in Control Panel and click OK
3. Select Uninstall a program
4. Right-click on the software
5. Select Uninstall
Step 2. Reset your browsers
1. Open IE and click on the Gear icon
2. Select Internet Options -> Advanced tab
3. Click Reset and check the box
4. Click Reset again
1. Launch Mozilla and tap Alt+H
2. Click on Troubleshooting Information
3. Press the Reset Firefox button
4. Confirm your action and click Finish
1. Open your browsers and tap Alt+F
2. Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
3. Scroll down and click Reset browser settings
4. Click Reset once again
Step 3. Modify your browser shortcuts
1. Right-click your browser icon
2. Go to Properties and select the Shortcut tab
3. Erase Nettritue.com part in the Target line
4. Click Apply and OK.